PDA

View Full Version : Expect snow

David Walser
01-31-2009, 2:17 PM
I went out this morning to find snow all over the pear tree in our back yard. Brrrr! This is worrying since I've promised warm weather to those of you coming to the Desert Woodturning Roundup next week. (Obligatory link: http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com/) If you're coming to the DWR, be sure to dress appropriately!

I took some pictures so you can see the the snow. Strange that the snow only stuck to the one tree. Must be some sort of micro climate thing, cause it felt warm while I was outside. I also took a close up of the snow and of the orange balls on the tree in the foreground. The orange balls were not turned by me nor are they Christmas ornaments. They're oranges.

charlie knighton
01-31-2009, 3:09 PM
never been there, wish i could come, looks like fall, spring, summer, summer, dittio :D

Marc Himes
01-31-2009, 5:34 PM
Go ahead and have your weather gloat! Snowfall so far this year is about 160" here and we have three more months of snow with another of flurries. Oh well we really appreciate both days of above 80 in the summer. More than that we start to complain about the heat. I would love to come to the DWR but work still gets in the way. Have a GREAT time.

Marc Himes

Steve Schlumpf
01-31-2009, 5:56 PM
Marc and I only live a few miles apart and we have adapted to cool weather. Around here when it hits 45* (usually mid June) I start wearing shorts and flip-flops. We do have our hot spells in the summer when the north wind stops for a couple of hours and the temps sore into the mid 60s! Man - talk about sweat like a pig! Thankfully that only happens a couple of times a year - so you just put up with it!

Glad to see you folks are having some nice weather! Hope it holds throughout the conference!

Greg Just
01-31-2009, 9:52 PM
so much for global warming!

Rich Boehlke
01-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Rub it in! It quit snowing here in Pinetop about three weeks ago and the stuff is still a foot deep in places on the roof. In the three years we have been here, this is the toughest winter so far.
Maybe I'll see you at the DWR.

Gary Herrmann
02-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm trying to remember why I moved out of S Fl...

Harvey M. Taylor
02-01-2009, 2:58 AM
What's this!! oranges on a pear tree??? what next, cantaloupe with the ice cream already in it?Sheesh! Max

charlie knighton
02-01-2009, 8:05 AM
I'm trying to remember why I moved out of S Fl...

could it have anything to do with hurricanes and sea levels rising, most of South Florida no more than 30 feet above sea level ???????

Bernie Weishapl
02-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Shoot you call that snow.:cool:;):rolleyes: :D

Alan Huey
02-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Gee, I am sorry. 70 degrees here today and gorgeous.

Dick Strauss
02-02-2009, 1:40 PM
There are some disadvantages to living down South that folks don't consider. My buddy from Baton Rouge, LA was bragging about buying a Christmas tree is shorts and flops. I sent him this picture I found (and added the text) in response to his note...

:D;)