PDA

View Full Version : The dishwasher is now installed.

Jim O'Dell
01-31-2009, 2:03 PM
Well, I finished it about 45 minutes ago. From tear out, to redoing the hot water valve under the sink, to wired in and working was about 2hrs 15 min. Not a bad job at all. I do wish I had seen the broken ring under the sink before I went to HD yesterday for supplies, and I wish I'd gotten a new cutoff valve for the cold water supply, but those are easily done later. I might get the supplies this afternoon when we get out and do it tomorrow before I let LOML reload her junk under the sink.
Dishwasher is very quiet. I'm running it through a wash cycle to clean it out, and to test for leaks. Luckily none. :rolleyes: So I will get some brownie points. Wonder if I can trade them in for some money toward the wanted cab saw??:D
I had known about this extension cord that was draped around the inside of the sink base, but never understood why. Actually, I still don't know that. 108593 There is a duplex outlet under the sink for the disposal to plug into, but this didn't plug in there. It ran under the edge of the linoleum lining the sink base bottom by a home made lazy susan (which is the finest example of hillbilly ingenuity I think I've seen in a while). I figured they just stuck the cord there because they quit using it. NOOOOOO!!!! It ran through a hole in the side of the sink base over to the dishwasher and was tied in at the dishwasher junction box!!108594 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: Ok this might be the best example of hillbilly thinking at it's best I've seen in a while.:D And I guess they felt it should be grounded to the base cabinet for safety, so this is how they secured the end. 108595 :eek: Yeah, it probably wouldn't cause a problem, but.....
And the cabinet maker (probably a framing carpenter that didn't do roofs) probably never used plywood before. But to his/her credit, they did use solid wood in the cabinet construction. 108596 It made sense when I saw that why the base cabinets are only 22" deep from wall to face frame.
Well, one of these days the cabinets will go away too.
So thus ends the 26 day saga of ordering to install. :) But I do like the dishwasher so far. Jim

Tyler Howell
01-31-2009, 3:20 PM
Seen a few like that Jim:eek::eek:.
They walk among us.