PDA

View Full Version : EMTECH 6000 as a replacement for Target USL?

Jim McFarland
01-30-2009, 7:55 PM
The Finishing Zone has a 25% off promo for their EMTECH 6000 product which they tout as an improvement to their USL product. Anyone have experience with the product? TFZ lists advanced "glide and slip" properties (similar to traditional lacquer) and ~50% lower VOCs vs USL. EM6000 still has the "burn-in" qualities like USL and traditional lacquer. Sounds like a great product and I'll try some unless someone has very bad things to say about it. TIA

Jim Becker
01-30-2009, 8:49 PM
The language in the email from Target was quite interesting, Jim, especially the wording around "Duality". That language could be taken as making it possible for their commercial finishes to use products that are all named "EMTECH" or could signal that the EM6000 ultimately replaces the USL. Either way, I will likely try the EM6000 once I use up the USL I already have in "inventory".

Jim Tobias
01-31-2009, 12:45 AM
This is the JIM thread.
I received their email today also and was a little surprised at the wording. It was almost as if they were comparing their Emtech 6000 to a competitor's product (USL). I agree with Jim, they may be about to "merge" it into only one product and do not want to lose any USL customers.

jim

Joe Chritz
01-31-2009, 10:42 AM
No idea yet but I am down to 1/2 gallon USL and need to order another bucket.

I may get some of that since the price is right currently and give it a try. I have no doubt that it will perform as advertised.

Joe

Robert Parrish
01-31-2009, 2:32 PM
I just bought 2 gallons of USL at the sale price with an additional 10% off for some reason. I have been wondering why the cans I receive don't look like the ones on the Finishing Zone website. They say Oxford while mine are a generic label. Not a big deal just curious.

Jim Becker
01-31-2009, 6:11 PM
Robert, they changed their cans and labels in the last year and that likely accounts for the difference in the appearance from the web site art.

Robert Parrish
02-01-2009, 8:19 AM
Thanks Jim.