PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else experiencing poor service at Woodpeckers?

jeff begin
01-30-2009, 5:50 PM
It seems that lot of SMCers buy router table components at Woodpeckers. I was wondering if I anyone else has experienced the same poor service I have?

I placed an order for a router table combo last Saturday morning. I hadn't heard anything by Wednesday, so I sent an email inquiring about the status. Apparently the steel legs were out of stock for the next three weeks and no one bothered to contact me to let me know. So, instead I canceled the order and just purchased the top and lift and decided to make the base myself. I just checked and my second order also hasn't been updated. Here it is a week later and my stuff still hasn't shipped.

Normally I wouldn't get all twisted about a week's delay, but I'm in somewhat of a time crunch here and their website boasts that most orders ship within one business day.

Scott Rollins
01-30-2009, 7:02 PM
They did a great job for me...I would call back and verify the order had been changed.

Bruce Page
01-30-2009, 7:09 PM
I've only delt with Woodpeckers a few times. I never had any problems with the orders.

Jonathan Spool
01-30-2009, 7:19 PM
I recently purchased a 48" straight edge from them that arrived damaged. They immediately sent out another. I have purchased numerous items from them and have been very pleased with the service.
Jonathan

Mike Gottlieb
01-30-2009, 7:40 PM
All my dealings with them have been A+.

Bob Noles
01-30-2009, 7:42 PM
First class outfit in my book. Several past dealings with them and never a problem of any kind.

Herbert Mulqueen
01-30-2009, 7:47 PM
Woodpeckers stuff I gotten in the past has been first class. I called two weeks ago and said I wanted to upgrade a triangle from 12 inch to the 18 inch size. I also wanted to order about $250.00 more items. The woman who answered the phone researched my previous order and said NO. You are over 90 days from your purchase.

I said it was still in the box with the protective covering. She said they had a firm 90 day policy. Mentioned this was a upgrade, not my money back situation. And I wanted to order more items." No" was the answer.

I then asked to speak to someone else and she said "NO" she was it.

So another competitor got my business.

Does it seem to you in these tough financial times that turning away business is good for present or for preserving customers for future business?

Herb Mulqueen

Charles Mann
01-30-2009, 7:59 PM
I've made about 10 orders with them. I have only had 1 problem of something being damaged in shipping. I received the replacement part in 3 days.

I have called them a few times also. Their customer service has always been top notch for me. Better than most of the companies I deal with.

Robert Chapman
01-30-2009, 8:38 PM
Exellent service and products - never a problem with me.

Bruce Page
01-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Does it seem to you in these tough financial times that turning away business is good for present or for preserving customers for future business?

Herb Mulqueen

Herb, right or wrong, policy is policy. In most cases the person on the phone is not empowered to modify it.

Jim Summers
01-30-2009, 10:11 PM
All good here. I had some alignment problems with my lift and they sent a replacement one out in just a few days.

John Morrison60
01-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Better than normal service to me.
A phone call immediately was with someone who knew the product.
They indicated that it might take 1 week or so to receive the lift.
I received it 40 hours later. All was fine with order.

Good luck.
John