PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up to Earlier "Stickers" Question

Andy Haney
06-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Got lucky today and had about 50 stickers 4' long given to me by a local who used to mill lumber for sale :D . I know that won't be enough, but free is real good.

How much space should be between stickers? Some have said 2', while others have said 16"-18". I can go either way (any other direction), just want to do it the best I can.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Gilbert Vega
06-30-2004, 11:20 PM
As far as free stickers, have you tried going by a cabinet shop? I go by a cabinet shop nearbt about once every two weeks and they always have a huge pile of cutoffs about 3/4" by 3/4" and close to 8' in length. I had always assumed it was pine but I shopped this time and found it was maple. I found a few that were 1" x 2" and picked those up. Hope this helps.

Jim Becker
07-01-2004, 9:20 AM
Andy, 24" is just fine for this purpose...just keep the stickers lined up for best support.

Andy Haney
07-01-2004, 7:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I plan to have it done by Saturday afternoon.

Chris Padilla
07-01-2004, 8:20 PM
We want pictures as proof, Andy. We like pictures...and proof.... :D ;)

Andy Haney
07-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Been expecting a post of this nature, and I'm not surprised it came from Chris. I'm a techno-dinosaur...don't own a digital camera. But, I'll find a way to get a picture of the completed stack saved digitally and post it here if I can figure it out.

Andy