PDA

View Full Version : Festool Router with 1/2 inch collet now available

Frank Pellow
06-30-2004, 9:58 PM
The cost if purchased in July or August is $425 (US of course -with duty and exchange and brokerage it will end up a lot more in Canadian $). The specs about the router were very recently put on the Festool USA web site.

Last March I started a thread entitled "When will Festool sell a router with a 1/2 inch collet in North America?". Bob Marino replied: "Will be available before the summer, and yes will be less than $500.00." Well summer will have been here for 10 days by the time the router is for sale, but that close enough Bob. And $425 is less than $500. It is still a lot of money; but money that I now need to seriously think about whether or not I will spend.

Lloyd Robins
06-30-2004, 11:59 PM
Frank, please quit doing this. My son is getting married up in Toronto this summer, and I really am happier when I don't hear about wonderful new "toys." Oops! Read tools, not toys, tools. The same with the new LN chisels. I have a set of wonderful, great, and excellent chisels, but I would like to try LNs to just compare them. Oh well. Good luck on you decision.

Martin Shupe
07-01-2004, 12:26 AM
The real question to ask is when Festool will have another 20% off sale for new buyers. I am thinking about a 150/3 sander and dust extractor, but I will wait for the next sale.

Bob, care to comment?