PDA

View Full Version : JET 708475 JJP-12 12"Planer/Jointer Combination Machine

Ron Bontz
01-29-2009, 6:17 PM
Well nothing came up on a search of this machine so sorry if it has been covered. Does any one own / have experience with jet's 12" planer jointer combo machine? Thanks.:)

Gary Benson
01-29-2009, 6:47 PM
There are a number of posts containing discussions about this machine. I have had mine for about 6 months, and I really like it. It is powerful, has a large jointing capacity (in width anyway), and the only time it takes in change over is raising and lowering the planer bed to allow changing the dust collection hood. Dust collection is good, but you have to know a trick when in planing mode, or the suction will pull a baffle closed and spew chips everywhere. I like the single footprint aspect of the machine and have been very happy so far.
Gary
I did a review of my experience with machine when I first got it over at lumber jocks if you are interested.

Dave Avery
01-29-2009, 7:41 PM
There are a number of posts containing discussions about this machine. I have had mine for about 6 months, and I really like it. It is powerful, has a large jointing capacity (in width anyway), and the only time it takes in change over is raising and lowering the planer bed to allow changing the dust collection hood. Dust collection is good, but you have to know a trick when in planing mode, or the suction will pull a baffle closed and spew chips everywhere. I like the single footprint aspect of the machine and have been very happy so far.
Gary
I did a review of my experience with machine when I first got it over at lumber jocks if you are interested.

Yep.......

Curt Harms
01-29-2009, 7:54 PM
search-->advanced search-->keyword-->Jet JJ12 or Jet jointer planer. Date one year and newer. You can also put my user name in. I'll bet you find a fair number of posts. I had one of the first ones on the creek. Quite a useful machine, shipping went well-no horror stories. The biggest down side is if you want a Byrd-type head. It doesn't sound like that is a great idea with the JJP12. Grizzly or one of the Euro J/P combos(for more bucks) might be a better choice if you're looking at helical heads. Change over isn't as bad as some make it out to be unless you change it over a couple dozen times a day. Jointer bed length is 55" but so far that hasn't been a problem for me.

HTH

Curt

Jeffrey Makiel
01-29-2009, 7:54 PM
Ron,
Try a search using "j/p" (without the quotes). If you searched using the title of this thread, it may have been too specific of a search string.

There has been some very good discussions recently about various brands of jointer/planers including the Jet. It seems that the new machines offered by Grizzly and Jet have sparked more interest in this market historically dominated by European offerings.

Also, I was informed by Jet that they will be introducing a helical cutterhead version of the JJP-12 by March of this year.

-Jeff :)