PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Pen/Unknown Wood

Billy Tallant
01-29-2009, 2:22 AM
With the little ice storm we had overnight, school closed for the day. So I got to stay home from work. Decided to work in the shop some. I made another Patriot pen but was not sure of the wood type. The wood looks like a cream colored wood with a single black streak running through the blank at an angle. Any ideas on what type of wood this is would be appreciated. Excuse the quality of the picture, but time to find another digital camera. Stuck having to use the cell phone at this time.

Steve Schlumpf
01-29-2009, 7:38 AM
I have no idea what kind of wood it is but the diagonal line sure makes for an interesting pen! Nice work!

Steve Campbell
01-29-2009, 7:41 AM
Kind of looks like some of the Olive wood I have turned.

Nice looking pen, Even if we don't know for sure what it is.

Steve

Bernie Weishapl
01-29-2009, 9:39 AM
Billy that is a mighty fine pen. Kinda reminds me of some olive wood I turned. Whatever the black strip sure does make it stand out.

Jim Kountz
01-30-2009, 12:38 AM
No clue what kind of wood it is but you did an excellent job with it!!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Nicely done! I think you may have provided me with the perfect pen style that might meet my youngest son's stringent standards! Thanks!

Billy Tallant
01-30-2009, 2:13 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words. Enjoyed turning that wood. I will probably luck out & be able to squeeze one more pen out of that piece of wood before the black stripe plays out.