PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm Chris and I have a problem....

Chris Konikowski
01-28-2009, 10:17 PM
So now I went and got the penn state pocket hole kit.
Here is a list of what an addiction buys...:
Freud router Lowes killer deal! $99 (thinking about buying another one)
PC dovetail jig good deal tool zone $184 shipped and $20 rebate
Grizzly G0576 TS w/base, twistlink, freud blade,ZCI (used) $350 (AWESOME DEAL)
Grizzly DC $150 (Awesome deal!)
penn state pocket hole jig $49.95 (awesome deal)
peach tree clamps (8) $145 awesome deal
Dewalt Biscuit jointer $135 almost new Great deal
wixey dig fence and angle meter $85 Awesome deal
Misc rockler 50% off stuff (featherboards and such) $150 Awesome deal

This is not half of it! The reason I actually typed it all out with prices is for the therapeutic effects. I think it is helping....although i just paused from typing this to check the deals section of the forum again to see if anything else came up!!!

Oh well, guess I will work an extra shift or two...
Chris"fighting fire 7 days a week to pay for his addiction"Konikowski:D

Sonny Edmonds
01-28-2009, 10:25 PM
So, uhh, what's the problem? :confused:

Bill Huber
01-28-2009, 10:35 PM
So, uhh, what's the problem? :confused:

The way I see it the problem is he didn't get a jointer or a planer and what about the Drill press just going to do without one....:D

Jim Heffner
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't really see where the problem is......unless he doesn't get an (awesome deal) on the next item(s)....do you?

Sonny Edmonds
01-28-2009, 10:58 PM
I though maybe he didn't have a shop or something. :D
I could see the addiction being a problem if he has to work out of a Yugo or something... :D :p :eek:

Chris Konikowski
01-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I have a planer and a jointer.
The planer is a wilton that I got new for $170. Seems to work well so far.
The jointer is a Delta table top one($130). Not real happy with that, but hey, out of that whole list of stuff, this is the only thing I am not happy with yet...

I don't have a shop, but it ain't a Yugo....it is a 95 chevy pickup. That power inverter has never worked harder!!!

My father owned a oil and gas machine shop for 25 years, so I have a delta drill press (big one) from his shop.
The one thing that I am still wanting is a band saw.... any help there?

Brian Kent
01-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Better than most addictions.

You don't have a headache in the morning.
You don't have a bunch of computer equipment that will be obsolete next week.
You aren't paying $500 / month for 30 years on a boat or RV.

Sounds like you are wisely preparing for any possibility that lies ahead by increasing skills and tools for excellence.

No problem:)!

Chris Konikowski
01-28-2009, 11:44 PM
I will have a headace in the morning.
I used to be a systems engineer for Compaq and still dabble...
I am looking for a 5th wheel or RV as well. Gonna live out of it while I build my house...

Now I feel worse...

Dustin Cranford
01-29-2009, 12:14 AM
Dang if my company transfers me to Houston this summer (announcement due next week) I am coming to your house. Then I don't have to buy my own.

Brian Kent
01-29-2009, 12:19 AM
Chris,

Take a deep breath and buy a nice block plane online. It's not too late. The stores are always open for you.

Brian

Thomas Bank
01-29-2009, 7:12 AM
Going broke saving money! :D

Gary Herrmann
01-29-2009, 8:26 AM
It could be worse. You could start turning. :rolleyes:

Rod Sheridan
01-29-2009, 8:27 AM
That's not an addiction.

Buying an Altendorf slider to make a birdhouse is an addiction.

Buying a Felder CF741 because you like the X roll table is an addiction.

That said, welcome to the forum, however don't expect any help with your addiction, we'll only make things worse for you.........Regards, Rod.

Myk Rian
01-29-2009, 8:50 AM
Don't go buying another $99 Freud router until you are SURE you like the first one. You can get a 2 base craftsman for $99.

Bill White
01-29-2009, 9:42 AM
Take two aspirin and post again tomorrow.
I like the Freud router.
Bill;)

Chris Konikowski
01-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Off to Rockler now. Looking for a router table to mount my Freud in...

Chris Padilla
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Off to Rockler now. Looking for a router table to mount my Freud in...

Maybe use those new tools of yours to make one? After all, you aren't in this to collect and NOT USE the tools are you?

ARE YOU?? ;)

:D

Rod Sheridan
01-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Maybe use those new tools of yours to make one? After all, you aren't in this to collect and NOT USE the tools are you?

ARE YOU?? ;)

We're supposed to make stuff with our tools????????:confused:

Are you sure?

You didn't tell my wife that did you???:eek:

Regards, Rod.

Ron Bontz
01-29-2009, 6:44 PM
Hmmmm. Kinda like an alcoholic hanging out in a tavern. Poor me another my friend and while you are at it, give me a shot of a new shaper cutter.:D

Chris Konikowski
01-29-2009, 9:37 PM

ARE YOU?? ;)

LOL! Good point. But it was on sale!!!:D LMAO!!!

Seriously, I do have two small projects going on right now with another one in the wings.
First is the step stool from fine woodworking(or modified version of it) for my daughter. I have a short one she uses to wash her hands and and brush her teeth, but she has to stand on the back of it to really reach. The stool from FWW was a little tall, so I cut the measurements down a little on the height. Just gotta figure out dovetails and it will be finished...except for the finish! Now that is a whole different story. Hope the ex-BIL wants to help with that one...

Steve Clardy
01-29-2009, 10:02 PM
We're supposed to make stuff with our tools????????:confused:

I think so :confused:

glenn bradley
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM
I have yet to spend any where near what I used to spend trying to golf; especially at the 19th hole (you could buy a Freud router on sale for just one of those bar tabs). I have a pretty decent array of tools and I am still way ahead and also enjoying myself much more.

There, did that help?

Chris Konikowski
01-29-2009, 11:25 PM
You are supposed to buy a few when you get there and load you golf bag up with the rest of the same kind and slip them in the cooler. Much cheaper that way! :)

19th hole....well, I can't help you with that tab...