PDA

View Full Version : Any users of the RouterTable - RT-1000XL?

travis howe
01-28-2009, 9:26 PM
Curious if anyone has ran into one of these? Seems very well built for a decent price.

http://rt1000.com/_wsn/page4.html

I like the Incra setup but I'm leaning to the full size Kreg due to width, features and price point...but thought this might be interesting.

r/t

Frank Frye
01-28-2009, 11:31 PM
I bought that setup. The guy is based in canada so shipping can be pricey. I snagged mine during the cashback days so it wasn't so bad. My only complain is that there is no built-in system for casters. Once I added some of those, it was rocking and rolling. Dust collection was great. I had one of those Rousseu inserts with the snap out rings for panel raising, but it wouldn't fit in this table. I am using the thick lexan insert that comes with the table and so far havent needed to do anything else. From what I understood, he would be more than happy to send additional inserts. Too bad that would require drilling and countersinking more holes. Anyways, if you want custom and don't want to end up paying $1k+ on the Jessm stuff...I would recommend it.

Ed Peters
01-29-2009, 7:45 AM
table for 2 years or more. It performs well and has excellent dust collection. I highly recommend purchasing extra plates for mounting routers.

Ed

Charlie Patterson
01-29-2009, 10:34 AM
I have had this table for just about 1 year now and love it. Excellent dust collection,very well made. I have the WoodPecker PRL and the Porter Cable 7518 and it is a very nice setup. Joe is an excellent guy to deal with. I did make one change in my table. I had Joe make up 1 long single handel for the large bottom drawer instead of two smaller ones. works better for me, He said he might go with that at the time don't know if he has or not but I like mine. You can't go wrong for the price and is packaged like a tank. even UPS could not damage mine.

Good Luck
Charlie

Gary Benson
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I have had mine for about 6 months, very solid. I have a master lift and 7518. For me it came down to time vs money. I would have spent more and spent a very long time building the end all, be all router table (a little OCD, like many of us) building my own. For a great price, even factoring 95 bucks freight to Colorado, it was a great deal.
Enjoy,
Gary

Rick Potter
01-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Looks like a great buy. I am very tempted. I have a Woodpecker lift with a 7518 that I haven't used since I got it for $200 a year ago (stealth gloat). I always planned to build a table for it, but never seem to have the time.

Now I have to decide before Saturday, when they go off sale. $105 to ship to me, and it's still cheaper than other brands I won't mention.

Rick Potter

Question for you owners. Is the top melamine or formica??

Gene E Miller
01-29-2009, 1:09 PM
Greetings & Salutations,

I have been looking at that setup for a while now myself. I would like to build my own but would also have several paying projects on the agenda that need to be done. I am looking at pulling the trigger very soon and think I am going to go with the Triton 3 1/4 HP router for a permanent RT setup.

Gene

travis howe
01-29-2009, 7:26 PM
It seems the large kreg setup looks pretty sweet at a very close price point.

John Grossi
01-29-2009, 7:34 PM
Travis, this table is well built, a good price, and great dust collection. I have owned one for a year. Look at some of the options the company offers, ordering them now instead of later may save you on shipping costs. John

Rick Potter
02-01-2009, 5:27 PM
I pulled the trigger Saturday and ordered the 1000XL. I had them put on a single longer drawer pull on the bottom drawer, as Charlie suggested. I could not think of a use for the acrylic insert, since I am putting my lift on the table, so I ordered it with no hole, thinking I might use the plastic for another project, but I think I will call them and get it with the 2" hole, and just hang a PC 690 on it for occasional use. Maybe I can get them to drill it for PC bushings. In any case, I could use it in the table or as a clear base for the 690.

Rick Potter