PDA

View Full Version : Interesting site...

Jackie McGowan
01-28-2009, 9:16 PM
Has anyone seen this site? www.ponoko.com I haven't heard anyone talk about it on here so I thought well maybe we're not suppose to for some reason... (if that's the case... sorry just delete my thread) or no one knows about it. It's similar to etsy for crafters/designers to sell their creations, but these are crafts made by laser. The only thing is the site is set up for people who don't own a laser because it seems they want you to purchase the materials and laser services from them... I think. Although you can also sell your own designs (files) on here instead or with your products. I emailed them to ask some questions, but they haven't answered yet. Either way the site is good for inspiration.

art baylor
01-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Yes, very interesting.
Art

fred sanchez
01-28-2009, 11:35 PM
i checked it out looks pretty cool

Judith Halliday
01-28-2009, 11:46 PM
I feel inadequate.

Nice to know there are more creative folks out there. Kudos to them and thank you for the site.

Cheers,
Judy

Dan Hintz
01-29-2009, 6:45 AM
The prices are all over the place... some quite reasonable (like the $3.75 snowflake, the $30 Objectify bowl, or the $20 donation to the author of the RepRap plans), some quite unreasonable (such as the $170 plant hanger).

Frank Corker
01-29-2009, 6:58 AM
They are very talented regarding their designs. Very creative. I noticed that it directs you to the Indestructibles site which someone else here posted. Be careful because it's addictive but if you have a few hours then click away!

Angus Hines
01-29-2009, 7:12 AM
Sort of like Bonanzle (www.bonanzle.com) I like these new community storefront sites.
Good find :)

Jackie McGowan
01-29-2009, 1:44 PM
Just in case anyone was interested, they answered my email. Us folks with lasers can create our own stuff and sell on there.