PDA

View Full Version : Print Spooler problem

Scott Challoner
01-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks to Mike Null's thread the other day about Corel tips, I've been learning some new tricks. I thought beveled text would look cool. There is a tutorial on Epilog's website on how to do it and this looked much easier. I made a 2" high letter "T" and applied the bevel. Sent it to the laser and got a message that the print spooler had encountered a problem and had to be stopped. I restarted the spooler, but it still doesn't work (other files do). I can send it to my printer, so I'm assuming the problem lies with the laser. I had a similar problem last year and tried re-installing the driver, but it didn't help. Any ideas?
I've attached the file in v10 in case anyone wants to give it a shot.108365

Peck Sidara
01-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Scott,

I think the problem is a incompatibility issue. Your GCC laser does not work with our Corel tutorials and/or sample of the month files.....;)

J/P. One suggestion would be use a smaller page size. Some lasers will scan the entire page size looking for data even though the image/graphic is small in size and only covers a small area. Wouldn't hurt to try.

HTH,

Scott Challoner
01-28-2009, 2:19 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Peck. It worked, but only after I reduced the DPI to 150. Maybe my laser needs more memory or I should get an Epilog.:D
I finally converted it to a bitmap and ran it through Photograv and that looked pretty nice. I was hoping to use it for a 3D effect, but I guess not.

Thanks again