PDA

View Full Version : quick question = i guess more people on here own epalog's than universal's:)

fred sanchez
01-27-2009, 11:00 PM
Any universal laser owners ever get an error (motion packet misaligned type 3 )? my laser just stooped right in the middle of a job the i have to reboot it to get it going again

I sent an email over to my vendor Mike at cemlasers who by the way are top notch so im sure he will know what's wrong but its after hours so im guessing i wont hear from him until the morning. so i id thought id ask my fellow engravers here in the fourm

Maor Grinberg
01-28-2009, 5:13 AM
This is probably a communication problem, could be that your USB cable or socket is at fault, and the signal is not steady enough.

you can check the USB latency if you have the latest driver at the diagnostics tab. It shouldn't be higher then 20.

Frank Corker
01-28-2009, 5:52 AM
Fred, not knowing the full reason for your problems, ask him about using an ethernet connection, they are much more reliable than USB.

fred sanchez
01-28-2009, 8:22 AM
yeah i was thinking that also ill ask about that

im also thinking if it might be the software update that came out last week never had this problem until i upgraded :confused:

Scott Shepherd
01-28-2009, 9:37 AM
Sorry, no ethernet available for the new ULS. It's all USB. Make sure you didn't go get a longer cable. A cable longer than 6 feet can cause some issues.

ULS is open now, no need to wait for Mike, call ULS at 480-609-0297.

fred sanchez
01-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah I called universal laser and there not sure what is causing it. He said it might be the software as I was thinking.
I'll still give mike a call later to get his input.

Were filming in a canyon today so my iPhone will have no service so I'll check with mike later

Thanks for the help everyone

Mike Mackenzie
01-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Fred,

We sent you an e-mail if you need any help you know where we are.