PDA

View Full Version : Help with font

Mike Christen
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Hello all

I have a problem identifying a font. I think the letters are Engravers MT at least close enough I hope, but I can't seem to identify or find the font for the numbers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mike

Frank Corker
01-28-2009, 6:31 AM
Mike it is not Engravers MT see the image and look at the numbers, they are different. It is a type of engraved/chiselled but not the one you think it might be. I have had a look on my fonts but don't have what you need.

George M. Perzel
01-28-2009, 6:49 AM
Hi Mike;
Appears to be a mechanical engraving font. You can get pretty close to the letters using EngraversMT and breaking the text apart, then modifying each letter by adjusting the width and height. Change the letter/number to Curves and you can adjust/remove any node.
Good Luck
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Conrad Fiore
01-28-2009, 8:28 AM
Mike,
Numbers are Double Line Century and letters are Roman 3 Line UCLC. Both are mechanical engraving fonts, mostly used for diamond scratch engraving.

Conrad

Mike Christen
01-28-2009, 7:30 PM
Mike,
Numbers are Double Line Century and letters are Roman 3 Line UCLC. Both are mechanical engraving fonts, mostly used for diamond scratch engraving.

Conrad

Thanks Conrad for the font information. Any idea if it's available, I seached google with no luck so far.

Thanks again for the ID.

Mike

Mike Null
01-28-2009, 7:32 PM
Mike

What kind of equipment are you running?

Mike Christen
01-28-2009, 8:17 PM
Mike

What kind of equipment are you running?

Hi Mike

Corel X3, and epilog 25w summit laser. Also have a couple of cnc mills I use for rotary engraving along with vcarve and other software.

Mike

James Rambo
01-28-2009, 8:18 PM
I think the numbers are "Castellar" font.

Mike Null
01-29-2009, 8:31 AM
Mike

If the font that James has suggested isn't the right one I may be able to make your file in the engraving fonts and send it to you as an eps.

Conrad Fiore
01-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Mike,
Your best bet would be if Mike Null can convert the font for you. The mechanical engraving fonts are vectorized specific to the engraving system that they were digitized for.

John Frazee
01-29-2009, 11:40 AM
I do believe Conrad is right. Those were my guesses before I read his response as well. I have those fonts in my Vision engraving software which is used with a rotary/diamond drag engraver. You can't get the same look with a laser because it will not be scratched into the surface as your sample picture.

Mike Christen
01-29-2009, 8:36 PM
Mike

If the font that James has suggested isn't the right one I may be able to make your file in the engraving fonts and send it to you as an eps.

Hi Mike

If you could do that for me I would greatly appreciate it. The customers plaque already has 90 some names and I would like to match the engraving font as close as possible. An exact match would be ideal, I would have no problem working with a eps file.

James
Thanks for the time spent, but the Castellar font is not quite right. One thing i noticed is the #2, and 9 it is not quite right in the curve and shape.

Conrad
Once again thanks for the ID of the font.

Too all
I would like to extend my appreciation to everyone. SMC has the greatest group of people around. I really hope I can help someone in the future like all of you have helped me.

Once again
Thanks

Mike Null
01-29-2009, 9:55 PM
Mike

Let me know what you want and I'll give it a go.

Angus Hines
01-29-2009, 10:06 PM
ITs This one here. Which is a v-carve done in Aspire

Mike Christen
01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Mike

Let me know what you want and I'll give it a go.

Hi Mike

If possible all letters and numbers would be what I need, don't want to cause you much work. Not sure what’s involved on your end.

They have 120 available names on the plaque of which 92 I think are used so there will be more needed in the future.

I attached a pic of the best I could do for the one they need now, close I think but not exact match of their current ones, especially the numbers.