PDA

View Full Version : Another shipping story...with a good ending!

Don Carter
01-27-2009, 9:24 PM
I purchased a Nova 1624 this summer from Craft Supply. It arrived with shipping damage to the motor and switch box. I called Craft Supply and they sent another motor assembly out to me, no problem. Except, when the second motor arrived it had damage on the fan cover on the end. It appeared that the motor had been dropped on the end and bent the cover so that the fan inside hit the cover. I called Craft Supply and to report it but offered to remove the cover and straighten out the dent to see if that would work. I did remove the cover and straightened the dent out. It worked...for a while.

I began to have bearing noise in November and it kept getting worse in December. I emailed Teknatool to ask for advice. Their rep asked that I email Craft Supply and I did. Same day I get an email saying that they would send out a replacement motor but had none in stock. They contacted Tim Geist with Teknatool USA, and he sent me a new motor that I received today. Roger Durst even called me to tell me that a new motor was on the way and that for me to send the old one back to Tim Geist all at Craft Supply's expense.:cool: They are going to give me a credit for the cost of shipping the old one back to Teknatool in West Virginia. I can always use a credit at Craft Supply.

Wow! What customer service. I will be shopping soon.;)

All the best.

Don

Ken Fitzgerald
01-27-2009, 9:32 PM
The customer service at Craft Supply USA is second to none IMHO!

Steve Schlumpf
01-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Don - always great to hear about good customer service! Hope you have your lathe back up and running real soon!