PDA

View Full Version : Now I need to turn something . . . .

Steven DeMars
01-27-2009, 6:31 PM
Photos attached of a roll around turning tool cabinet the wife and I built. It is built from 2X material and Lowes Chinese Plywood . . . .

Still need to add a paper towel holder . . .

Looking for any suggestions as to what else we could add, ie . . should we line the drawers, and if so, with what . . . .

Steve:)

Bob Noles
01-27-2009, 6:33 PM
Steve,

That is a class act if I've ever seen one.

AWESOME job!

Steve Schlumpf
01-27-2009, 6:40 PM
Steve - that is one nice turning tool cabinet! I have used shelf liners - the perforated kind (also look like router mats) - and they keep things from rolling around and banging into each other. Nice work!

Burt Alcantara
01-27-2009, 6:59 PM
Nice cart. I'm a big fan of 2x material so I appreciate what you've done.

Burt

David Christopher
01-27-2009, 7:09 PM
great looking cart, I use the sticky back cork shelf paper from BORG and it works good

Steven DeMars
01-27-2009, 8:31 PM
Thank you all for the kind words as well as the advice . . .

Jim Kountz
01-27-2009, 8:51 PM
Looks great Steve!! Its nice the missus works with you on these projects. My wife would rather stick a pin in her eye than work with power tools!!

Bernie Weishapl
01-27-2009, 11:11 PM
That is a nice cart. It is nice you can work with the mrs.

Dean Thomas
01-31-2009, 3:00 PM
Dittos to Bernie & Jim. Nice cabinets and an obviously happy missus. Both good things.

I have a friend who keeps his tools in similar drawers. He uses strips of some cheap, 1/2" thick kneeler pads (http://cgi.ebay.com/Protective-Rubber-Knee-Kneeling-Protective-Pad-_W0QQitemZ120328609674QQcmdZViewItem) (eBay sale, so it might expire after a week or so) on the drawer sides where the pointy ends go to protect drawer and tool alike. I thought that was pretty inventive. These are also known as anti-vibration pads. You want the ones that are just rubber, no plastic pan underneath. CHEAP is a good thing in this case.

Jeff Nicol
01-31-2009, 4:23 PM
Photos attached of a roll around turning tool cabinet the wife and I built. It is built from 2X material and Lowes Chinese Plywood . . . .

Still need to add a paper towel holder . . .

Looking for any suggestions as to what else we could add, ie . . should we line the drawers, and if so, with what . . . .

Steve, Very nice cabinet! You and your bride did a bang up job on it!! My brother-in-law lives in Slidell, we want to come down for a visit some day.

Again great work,

Jeff