PDA

View Full Version : It's alive

Rick Huelsbeck
01-27-2009, 2:06 PM
In a previous post (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=102650) I gloated about the deal I got on a ridgid table saw.

Finally finished getting it put together today. I have only ever used a direct drive saw before today and I'm wondering why I have not done this sooner. It certainly is a lot quiter than I'm used to. Smooth operating and makes a really nice cut too, (comes with a 40 tooth blade) well at least on poplar. Only adjustment I had to make was to set the blade paralell to the miter slot, in all took about 4 hours for me to get it all together.

I am going to love this saw.:D:D:D:D

Jim O'Dell
01-27-2009, 2:09 PM
Yes, you will love that saw. I have the original grey Ridgid, the 3612. I've had no problems with it at all. I want a cabinet saw, but will not let the Ridgid go when that times comes. It will stay.
Get a better blade when one goes on sale, and you will be in heaven. Enjoy! Jim.

John Grabowski
01-28-2009, 7:52 AM
This is a very powerful saw...Loaded with features. I agree the blade it came with is a good one. For MUCH better cuts both ripping and cross cut, I recommend a Forrest Woodworker II with a stabilizer. In my opinion, it cant be beat. It makes this saw a true fine woodworking machine.

Congrats and enjoy!

John G