PDA

View Full Version : New here

Dave Moran
06-30-2004, 7:58 AM
Hi all, A new member here a transplant from another board that I have participated in for years that has made some changes that I am not comfortable with. In looking around I have seen a couple names that I reconize. Until I get a feel for the board and it's personality I will be more of a lurker.

Regards,
Dave

Dick Parr
06-30-2004, 8:06 AM
Welcome Dave.

Gary Whitt
06-30-2004, 8:07 AM
Welcome to the creek, Dave.
Feel free to lurk all you want. :rolleyes:
(just post pictures!!!!:D )

Todd Burch
06-30-2004, 8:18 AM
Welcome Dave!

Glenn Clabo
06-30-2004, 8:45 AM
Welcome aboard Dave. Don't lurk too long...jump right in.

Aaron Koehl
06-30-2004, 8:50 AM
Oh good-- now you're eligible for FreeStuff! ;)

Dennis Peacock
06-30-2004, 9:18 AM
<B>Welcome Dave..!!!!!</B>

Now, grab ya a pole and wet a hook...sit up under the shade tree and enjoy the company. Lurk all ya want....but you won't lurk for long....we're all like family here and you can't help but compose a message here or there or even share something you know. ;)

Welcome to SMC.!!!

Charles McKinley
06-30-2004, 9:26 AM
Welcome Dave,

Soon you will have your frinds from the other board here. The ones you don't like just leave there.

Jump in the water is fine.

Randy Moore
06-30-2004, 9:44 AM
:) Dave, Welcome to the Creek. I have been in other wwing forums and think this one is the best. They do seem to like pic's here, although I have not posted any. Don't have the camera, been out of full time work for 11 months.
I am just a newbie wwer so I do ask questions from time to time. They are real helpful here. :D
Join in any time you want to.
Randy

Tyler Howell
06-30-2004, 9:58 AM
Welcome Dave, We have rules:

No Lurking & Lot's of pictures. The rest is good common sense.;)
Real good folks here.
PS Randy is in trouble already for using noobie as an excuse......:p

Kevin Arceneaux
06-30-2004, 10:07 AM
I am also a newby to WWing and I have to say that this is a fantastic place. I have been in the net since it was text based and I have seen a lot of forums. One of the first things I usually do is stroll through the old post looking at things to get a gauge of the forums. I do not remember seeing locked threads - a sign that people treat others with respect. I could point you to a forum that has 15% locked threads - not a good sign. (In fact I got booted, when I replied to the owner, thanking him for my morning chuckle when he said he was going enforce the rules, after 3 years of near anarchy. There is more than that, but lets just say I don't handle things correctly at times. There is only so much a person can take before he looses his cool. I doubt that it will happen here.) I have had a chance to talk to a couple of the guys in the chat room and found them more than willing to answers questions. They treat all with respect.

All said and done, this is the 2nd best public forum I am on. The forums that hos mine are the best. :) Ok, I just a little biased about that.

Tony Falotico
06-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the Creek Dave, there's more WW knowledge here than in the national library, and you don't have to search for it ....... just ask (and post pic's!)

Dave Moran
06-30-2004, 10:33 AM
Hi All, Thanks, I looked around a bit at a few before deciding to join, I do participate in one other fourm as well, not counting the one I vacated, as several of the guild members hang their hat there but most of them are way advanced past where I will ever be. While I hope some of the members from my former hang out do decide to join, I do not feel that it would be right to direct them from where they are. A bit of background; 50 yr old been working wood since a kid, nothing fancy and it is pure hobby, I sell nothing. 30x40 detached shop I do most of my woodworking in the fall to spring, yard work eats up all my time in the summer and the shop is not AC although I have prewired for one if I pull another feed line.

Dave

John Miliunas
06-30-2004, 11:16 AM
Sorry for the latency in posting my own "Welcome", Dave, but it's this whole "work" thing, which seems to get in the way of really important stuff! :rolleyes: Anyhow, welcome aboard. Yeah, you *can* lurk, but we enjoy the conversation and the folks here have even been cordial enough to allow a blabber-mouth like me continue yakking, so that alone is proof! :rolleyes: At any rate, come often, stay long and enjoy! Oh, and did anyone mention we like pics?! :cool:

Mark Singer
06-30-2004, 11:27 AM
welcome ....nice guys and great food...! for thought that is....

Mark Singer
06-30-2004, 11:28 AM
John,
go play with the DJ 20 the rest of us can welcome the new members!

Ken Fitzgerald
06-30-2004, 8:08 PM
Welcome Dave! Lots of neat people here....willing to exchange ideas and opinions.

Rob Russell
06-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Dave,

Welcome to SMC. It's a great place - lot's of friendly folks and even a few of us who can be pushed to share an opinion or 2! :rolleyes:

Rob