PDA

View Full Version : Shop cleanup inspiration

Loren Blount
01-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Just thought I'd show off my latest shop project, and maybe inspire a little shop cleanup. As you can see I condensed about 4 garbage cans of scraps that didn't move easily ,and the piece I wanted was always in the bottom of the can, into a rolling cart where I can actually find something. It works great. The plan is in a old fine woodworking mag #184 ,Pg 14

Ken Higginbotham
01-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I did something similar a couple weeks ago - Nice being able to glance at the wood rack to brainstorm options - :)

David Christopher
01-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Loren, you have inspired me, I think will start working on one of them real soon.... I like that very much

Joe Chritz
01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
I have an A frame that I use for sheet goods and sheet stock cut offs. In the center are a bunch of openings that I store solid wood cut offs in and it is a real pain to see what is in there.

I need to come up with a location to so something like yours, it sure would be a lot handier.

Joe

Paul Demetropoulos
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah, the bane of woodworking, cutoffs. Chuck it, keep it, where to put it so you can find it? Nice solution.

Bill Petersen
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
OMG, you found my trash cans full of cut offs! Great looking new storage. It looks like something I might have to do since my cut off bins look exactly like your old ones.
Bill