PDA

View Full Version : self made dust "channel"

Jay Yoder
01-26-2009, 10:39 PM
I am designing my miter station and need to run dust collection from one side to the other, picking up the miter saw up in the middle. I was thinking about actually incorporating it into the stand itself. It would basically be a square duct glued and screwed to the bottom. I could even incorporate it as a support. I could use plywood, MDF or dble sided melamine... any thoughts?

Dewey Torres
01-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Jay,
It sounds like a good idea but I am having trouble picturing how the final would look.

Jay Yoder
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
this is currently how I have it designed, But eliminate the plastic adj leg and make the support big enough to convey dust. I was thinking 6"x6" inside dims...to connect at either end you could cut a round hole in an end plate to tie it all together...

Bill Huber
01-26-2009, 10:59 PM
this is currently how I have it designed, But eliminate the plastic adj leg and make the support big enough to convey dust. I was thinking 6"x6" inside dims...to connect at either end you could cut a round hole in an end plate to tie it all together...

Could you not just box in some 6 inch PVC and then it would be much easier to add blast gates and other fitting to the system.