PDA

View Full Version : Arkasnas: Wide Belt sander for rent???

Joe Meazle
01-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Anyone know of a shop in Cen. Arkansas that would have a WBS that would either rent time or run a bench top throught to flatten?
The top is about 27"x 86". It is a about a 2.25" thick and is part of a former bowing alley. It is full if nails but they all seem to be at least 1/2" under the surface. I have not attached the aprons yet so it can still go through a machine I have called a few places but I am just about to give up on the WBS and get out the #8 & the winding sticks, roll up my sleves and have at it. So if you know of a shop let me know soon before I have to result to hand to hand combat.
Thanks,
Joe

Michael Weber
01-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Sorry, can't help with the WBS. Gotta say, I admire anyone willing to do something like that with hand tools. I just don't understand where people get the patience to learn something like that. I always get in a hurry even though I know better. I have a couple planes but rarely use them except to knock a sharp edge off maybe.
Mike in Fort Smith where it's starting to freeze.

Joe Meazle
01-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragment Mike. I guess i am just being lazy. I have flattened benches before with the hand planes and Lord knows I could use the workout. I am at a stage in building this one that I could take advantage of a WBS. But reflatening in the future will be back to the hand planes.

BTW I grew up just a few miles down the road from Ft. Smith.

Joe

Gene E Miller
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Greetings & Salutations,I don't know if you want to come this far and I would have to check to see if they can handle something that szie but there is a a shop here in Forrest City that I think might be able to help.If you are interested let me know and I will give them a call or get the info and let you call to see if you can work something out.Gene

Steve Clardy
01-27-2009, 11:43 AM
Just a thought Joe.
Terry Hatfield might know of someone down there.