PDA

View Full Version : ARA Vegas

Trevor Watson
01-26-2009, 5:43 PM
Ok so i see a few people are heading to Vegas are we going to meet up somewhere to put some faces to other Sawmill Creekers ? Or maybe just engrave a badge with sawmillcreek on it lol ... Figured we should try to organise a time to meet some of the others attending so we can have a drink together or in Franks Case buy him a drink ! lol .. Didnt want to leave this post till to late or we might be up the creek without a paddle ;) ..

Trevor Watson

Dave Johnson29
01-26-2009, 8:36 PM
Ok so i see a few people are heading to Vegas

Hi Trevor, when is this show? Vegas is not that far from here and I may try to get there.

Do I need tickets to get in and can I get them free from product vendors? If so who?

Thanks.

Trevor Watson
01-26-2009, 9:29 PM
Its being held at the Las Vegas Hilton from Feb 23 - 27
http://www.ara.org/news/index.cfm?newsID=175

If your not a ara member you can just pay a $60.00 entrance fee there are a heap of seminars going on some free some paid if your a ARA member there are alot of free ones well mroe than just paying for entry.
I am heading over from Australia to attend :) lol was just in Vegas in November 2008 shame couldnt have done both back then but anyways %100 tax deduction attending this lol ..

Hope to see ya there ! :)

Trevor Watson

Mike Null
01-26-2009, 9:35 PM
Dave

This is the biggest show in the country for those in the engraving business.

The $60 ticket will get you in every day but not to the classes. Vendors do not give away tickets for this show.

Dave Johnson29
01-27-2009, 10:16 AM
This is the biggest show in the country for those in the engraving business.
The $60 ticket will get you in every day but not to the classes. Vendors do not give away tickets for this show.

Thanks Mike and Trevor, maybe next year then. :) Time is my nemesis.

p.s. I never go to expos where I have to pay entry. :)

Jeanette Brewer
01-27-2009, 3:12 PM
Dave,

Just to clarify, the show in Vegas is the ARA's (Awards & Recognition Association) international convention. There is no charge for the "expo" if you're an ARA member.

We highly recommend joining the ARA if one is building a business in the awards, recognition, laser engraving, etc. industry.

More info at www.ara.org (http://www.ara.org).

Margaret Turco
01-27-2009, 3:19 PM
So I'm just starting this laser cutting/engraving business, not at all focused on awards. If I went to one show, would this still be a better choice than the NMB show?

Jeanette Brewer
01-27-2009, 3:37 PM
Personally, I'd recommend the ARA Vegas Show over the regional NBM shows but since NBM does shows in more locations, there's likely one closer to you (therefore, cheaper for you to attend).

There are many ARA members who are in the same boat as you -- not focused on awards. Since there's not really an association for laser engravers, specifically, the ARA does a great job of filling that need.

HTH