PDA

View Full Version : For All Fisherman

Boyd Gathwright
06-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Just received this story with pics. Felt you fisherman out there would find this of interest.<O:p</O:p

FISH STORY FROM WICHITA EAGLE NEWSPAPER

"This was a pretty interesting story from The Sunday Wichita Eagle
Newspaper a couple of weeks ago. This person was in a housing development around 119th St. South and Maple. Anyhow, a resident in the area saw a ball bouncing around kind of strange-like in the development’s pond and when he went to investigate, it was a flathead catfish that had obviously tried to swallow a child's basketball which became stuck in its mouth. The fish was totally exhausted from trying to dive but unable to
because the ball would always bring him back up to the surface. The
resident tried numerous times to get the ball out but was unsuccessful. He finally had his wife cut the ball in order to deflate the ball and release the catfish".

Interesting dilemma.

Boyd :cool:

Jack Wood
06-30-2004, 10:02 AM
:eek: :eek: Dang that was a big catfish! And this was in a housing area pond? Well lets hope that the guy who saved it's life racked up a few Karma points on this one!:D The next time I head for the lake I'm stopping at Wal-Mart and getting one of these "new lures"!:)

Tony Falotico
06-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Boyd, good thing you had the pic's, that's one fish story that would be very hard to sell !!! :)

Peter Stahl
06-30-2004, 11:25 AM
My buddy said you could catch a catfish on anything but I didn't believe him. Great story, thanks for posting.

Pete

Glenn Clabo
02-12-2005, 9:18 PM
It should be hard to sell...it's another internet hoax..

According to the newspaper story, the man who rescued the drowning fish was Bill Driver of Wichita, Kan. Driver’s wife, Pam, snapped photos of the bizarre chain of events and subsequently mailed a few images to family members and friends.

As the story and photos circulated more and more address books, the fish tale began to snowball.

While Pam Driver fielded calls from Ripley’s Believe It Or Not and The National Enquirer, her husband signed autographs for complete strangers who recognized him as the man who had come to the rescue of the 50-pound opelousas catfish. Most commended him for a job well done.

According to the Wichita Eagle, the Drivers received inquiries from as far away as England asking for permission to reprint the photos.

Bill Driver even called in to correct a Missouri disc jockey who initially reported that the fish had been rescued by swimmers at a Missouri lake and labeled the whole deal a hoax.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-13-2005, 7:45 AM
You can do anything with photoshop :)

David Fried
02-13-2005, 8:14 PM
You can do anything with photoshop :)

oh-oh, I'm looking at your avatar picture and wondering what you REALLY look like :D

Donnie Raines
02-14-2005, 8:44 AM
I like post like this: You can always tell who is a "the glass is have empty" kind of person... ;)