PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DNA Container

steven carter
01-26-2009, 2:14 PM
I have been looking for some time for a lidded container for use in the DNA bath. My 5 gallon bucket works fine for smaller items, but since I got the Jet 1642, I have been doing some larger bowls that will not fit in the bucket. Some previous post mentioned crab bait buckets, but I haven't been able to find any. I've checket all the big box stores, ebay, farm supply stores and more to no avail. Ideally the container would be have a 15" diameter at the bottom. I am currently using the loml's canning pot which only hold will hold a 12.5 inch bowl Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Ken Fitzgerald
01-26-2009, 2:20 PM
Steve....what about some of the lidded containers available at Walmart...Rubber Maid or knockoffs?....or a lidded trash can. Dennis Peacock uses trash bag IIRC.

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2009, 2:37 PM
Steve - I use a big cardboard box filled with shavings - for a custom fit - and use a contractor's plastic trash bag to hold the turning and the DNA. Just pace the turning into the bag, seat the bag and turning into the shavings, add DNA, twist the top of the bag closed and secure with a tie-wrap. Very high-tech but works like a charm!

Gary Max
01-26-2009, 2:58 PM
I used trash bag ideal for awhile until I found a 20 gallon stainless steel trash can. Now when I take a bowl out of the can I sit a screen on top and let it drip.

Dana Berenson
01-26-2009, 5:27 PM
Go to your local Feed Store and look for something like a horse feed bowl. I found one that has angled sides and fits a 16" bowl quite nicely.