PDA

View Full Version : Robust owners - now or soon to be.

Tom Godley
01-26-2009, 1:42 PM
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to turn on a just delivered Robust lathe that had the new quick release head stock. This option replaces the two bolts with a cam and lever design -- so no tools are needed when you want to reposition the head!

A quick e-mail to Robust and UPS plus about 10min work and my headstock glides!

A great upgrade for this lathe.

Reed Gray
01-26-2009, 2:28 PM
I have had mine for a couple of months now. I think possibly that Brent developed this for me, but others must have asked about it. I never realized how often I moved my headstock (on my old PM) until I got the Robust with the 2 nuts. A great add on, and I wouldn't be without it.
robo hippy

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2009, 2:33 PM
I don't own a Robust but sure have been giving it some thought! I have the Jet 1642 with the sliding headstock and there is no way I would be without one ever again! Glad to see Brent came out with the upgrade as I am sure it is going to be in demand!

Tom Godley
01-26-2009, 2:51 PM
I was surprised how many times I moved the head as I did one hollow-form!

With the quick release it was easy to just move the head around without loosing the position - as can often happen when you try to tighten a nut

It reminded me of 25 years ago when I had to reposition everything with a wrench.

This upgrade really takes advantage of the stainless steel ways.