PDA

View Full Version : Pen Finally Delivered

Todd Burch
06-29-2004, 9:27 PM
Back in Feb 2004 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=6829), I requested a pen to give to my soldier friend Hank who spent 4 months in Iraq. He was moving to Az. from NJ, but his trip got delayed until a couple weeks ago. He was able to stop for lunch on his way to Az. and I presented him with the Freedom Pen that Kent Cori donated. It's a beautiful pen (Amboyna Burl) and Hank was touched. He told me to THANK Kent and EVERYONE involved in this program. He said that rememberances like this to soliers in Iraq were HUGE.

The first shot, Hank is reading the note that Kent included with the pen. The next shot is the pen itself. Lastly, that's Hank (w/ pen in pocket already) and me in front of the house where I completed the cherry study. (Yes, it's done!)

Kent, thanks again! Todd

Keith Outten
06-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Todd,

Since January 16th, 2004 I've learned how precious a pen can be when it is given as a gift from one American to another, simply to say thanks for their service.

Dennis Peacock
06-29-2004, 11:23 PM
Excellent Todd.!!!!! Nothing like giving to someone is there? ;)

Very nice work on the Pen and congrats on the cherry study being done.!

Kent Cori
06-30-2004, 9:29 AM
Todd,

I was only too happy to help out. I'm glad to hear that Hank liked the pen. My thanks to Hank and all his fellow sodliers for what they do for us every day and thanks to you for the photos.