PDA

View Full Version : Flexeel on a Reel

glenn bradley
01-25-2009, 7:28 PM
I know we've discussed hose before. I just replaced 30' of rubber hose (that took the reel to capacity) with 50' of Flexeel and the reel looks like it could take plenty more if I needed it. Much lighter to work with and reasonably flexible . . . VERY flexible compared to the stock hoses I have been using (fighting).

Jim Becker
01-25-2009, 7:39 PM
Flexeel is all I use for hose. I don't have any on a reel because I have multiple drops, but I can see how it will really make for longer runs or smaller reels!

Dan Friedrichs
01-25-2009, 7:40 PM
Glenn,

I see they sell different diameters of that - which did you buy? If you're just using air nailers, etc, is there any advantage to the bigger diameter?

Jim Becker
01-25-2009, 7:45 PM
Dan, 3/8" holds more air than 1/4"...so for tools and the like that use more air, the larger diameter is more efficient.

glenn bradley
01-25-2009, 7:47 PM
I run the 1/4" for my pinner and brad nailer. Those are the only air tools I run. I kept saying I was going to get a bigger/better compressor but, the actual need just isn't there so I went ahead with the small reel and small hose.

Roy Hill
01-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Glen or Jim, do I buy the straight or coiled hose for an overhead hose reel?

Roy Hill

Jim Kountz
01-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Those are awesome air hoses, I know to some it may seem silly to get all chubbed up over air hoses but after years of using rubber, pvc and other types the flexeel is just amazing. We use them outside in the coldest weather and you can still roll them up easily and store them away neatly, try that with other hoses!! I think they are very reasonable too for what they are, I just checked Amazon and they have the 3/8 x 50 ft for $46. I doubt I would have to replace them if it werent for my carpenters shooting nails into them!! Sheesh!!

Dar Lounsbury
01-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Jim

They shoot holes in the hoses and YOU replace them. Something wrong this this concept. The hoses are repairable.

Jim Kountz
01-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah tell me about it, doesnt seem right does it?? :eek::eek:
You can repair an air hose? Really? I never would have thought of that, :D:D just kidding you there, I do repair them depending on where and how bad the damage is, if nothing else I add new ends and have shorter runs of hose.

Dewey Torres
01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Jim

They shoot holes in the hoses and YOU replace them. Something wrong this this concept. The hoses are repairable.

Dar,
You should know, Jim is a professional builder.

http://www.timbermountainbuilders.com/

I am sure he has replaced many a hole in air hoses in his day.:)

Larry Edgerton
01-26-2009, 6:48 AM
Dar,
You should know, Jim is a professional builder.

http://www.timbermountainbuilders.com/

I am sure he has replaced many a hole in air hoses in his day.:)

I never replace the holes in mine intentionally. :)