PDA

View Full Version : It has been too long with out a box pic

John Olson
06-29-2004, 5:19 PM
It is too long since I posted a picture of a box. This box is 12 1/2 inches long 4 1/2 inches deep and 5 inches high. The box is made out of cherry with a cherry burl top and an ebony lid lift. The box was made for the wife.

Doug Jones
06-29-2004, 8:11 PM
Nice job. Gotta like that cherry figure. I'm sure she'll love it.

Christopher Pine
06-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I like the box very much! Did you just do this on your own or did you have a design or plan to go from?
Chris

Dennis Peacock
06-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Very nice box.!!!! I love the figure in the wood and a good choice of wood combo!!! More...More..!

John Olson
06-30-2004, 12:00 AM
I build this box by combining a lot of other peoples boxes. The ends of this box were made from something I saw on router work shop tips. The way the box is joined is from Doug Stows boxes. I have several other types of boxes that will come when I have time to take pictures.

Wolf Kiessling
06-30-2004, 11:08 AM
It is too long since I posted a picture of a box. This box is 12 1/2 inches long 4 1/2 inches deep and 5 inches high. The box is made out of cherry with a cherry burl top and an ebony lid lift. The box was made for the wife.

To me, that looks like one of your best boxes ever, John, mainly because of the choice of woods. Just wonderful.

All those great woods you have floating around your shop - you really need to invest in a lathe and start turning out round boxes and bowls.

Tyler Howell
06-30-2004, 12:28 PM
Thanks! I needed that.;)

John Olson
06-30-2004, 2:49 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments. There are many more boxes to be shown. I am very busy doing house work now so don't have time to set camera up. The wife and daughter get it filled up with their shots. Then I have to down load them to their computer before I can use the camera. The wife has not sent the good camera in for repairs yet which would make thing easier for me.