PDA

View Full Version : Gloat worthy to me

Rick Huelsbeck
01-25-2009, 9:32 AM
I was just up at the local Home Depot (westport rd) and was looking at a clearance rack when a sales clerk walked up to me and said "I can take even more off if you see something you want", so just clowning around I said "take 20% off the Ridgid TS 3660 table saw and give me no interest for a year". He said "if I get it will you buy it", to which (thinking there is no way) "Absolutely", about 3 minutes later he came back and said "You ready to load up that saw?" Needless to say my mouth hit the floor and the saw went into the back of my truck. And of course no picture it didn't happen, here is a picture of the saw in the back of my truck, boy do I have a lot of work to do just to make room for it.:D:D:D:D

Tim Malyszko
01-25-2009, 9:37 AM
Wow, great deal and nice work on the negotiating!!!:D

I have the 3650 and it has served me well. As far as contractor saws go, the Ridgid is really an excellent value. You get a great saw with a pretty good fence at a bargain price, especially at 20% off.

Enjoy setting it up.

Per Swenson
01-25-2009, 9:41 AM
Good deal.

We had a ridgid and beat it professionally.
Ya can't beat it.
Good for you.

Per

Craig T. Smith
01-25-2009, 9:47 AM
Rick, Nice haul. All I get at the local Borg is the sales person just rolls their eyes and walk off. I'll bet finding a place for that new saw won't seem like woprk at all. Enjoy. Happy Woodworking, Craig

Jim Kountz
01-25-2009, 10:12 AM
LOL IS this one of those "careful what you wish for" times there Rick?? Congrats on the new saw!!

Jim O'Dell
01-25-2009, 10:45 AM
I'd be doing a head slap and saying "I wish I had asked for 30! " Just kidding.:D
Still, a very good deal. I have the old Ridgid 3612 that I jokingly call a 5200 (moved the rails all the way to the right ;)). I paid 600.00 for it about 6 years ago. I think I've got my money's worth, and it's still going strong. I want a cab saw, but when I do, this one is staying to serve as an outfeed table, and dado cutter. Jim.

Jesse Espe
01-25-2009, 11:55 AM
So....was the gloat about the saw or getting a HD employee to talk to you?

Steve Rozmiarek
01-25-2009, 12:46 PM
So....was the gloat about the saw or getting a HD employee to talk to you?

Jesse, I figured this issue out. Get a new Menards, twice the size of the Home Depot to open across town, and the Home Depot attitudes really do get better!

Rick, nicely done!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Rick...the LOML bought me a TS3650 when they first came out. It has served me well! Nice gloat. Congrats!

Dewey Torres
01-25-2009, 3:56 PM
This reminds me of this holiday season where certain merchants were allowing the customers to barter for deals. A sign of the times.

Greg Bender
01-25-2009, 4:20 PM
This is not about power tools but I was in HD at Christmas and they had a wood burning furnace that was a display item at regular price $1400.I said I was interested but not for regular price,long story/short,I got a call yesterday asking me if a 50% discount would make me bite.Needless to say 50% plus 10% more for opening a HD credit card=$624 for the furnace.Done Deal.They seem to be alot more accommodating and strangely enough,there was alot more associates on hand.
Greg

Jason White
01-25-2009, 5:28 PM
I have that saw. You're going to love it!

Jason

I was just up at the local Home Depot (westport rd) and was looking at a clearance rack when a sales clerk walked up to me and said "I can take even more off if you see something you want", so just clowning around I said "take 20% off the Ridgid TS 3660 table saw and give me no interest for a year". He said "if I get it will you buy it", to which (thinking there is no way) "Absolutely", about 3 minutes later he came back and said "You ready to load up that saw?" Needless to say my mouth hit the floor and the saw went into the back of my truck. And of course no picture it didn't happen, here is a picture of the saw in the back of my truck, boy do I have a lot of work to do just to make room for it.:D:D:D:D

Rick Huelsbeck
01-25-2009, 8:59 PM
LOL IS this one of those "careful what you wish for" times there Rick?? Congrats on the new saw!!

Jim if I hadn't left so many rust stains from drooling over the thing I'd say yes, but I had actually tried to get them to do it last week and they said no, different manager today who said yes. The same 3 boxes have been there for about 6 months so I figured it would be a matter of time until I got the price I wanted and I was determined I was going to wait for my price :D

Well Jesse when you have a Lowes within about 2 miles they seem to be friendlier at this Home Depot.

My previous table saw was a $99 Ryobi, I'd have to say I've gotten my moneys worth from it, I've had it for 10 years. Have it on a Bosch gravity lift so it's pretty steady, but it does scare me that it's going to tip over when I'm using it. I really don't see that happening with this thing, it weighs a ton. I've never even used a contracters saw or anything any bigger than the ryobi before. Right now it's to the point where the cast iron wings are on and now I'm to tired to do the hercu-lift tonight (went to Lexington today to have lunch with my girlfriends dad today so I haven't had much time to work on it.), hopefully the snow will hold off and I can work on it some more tomorrow night. If it looks like we are going to get a pretty good accumilation I will spend the night at my girlfriends as she lives on a bus route and thats how I get to work. I have to drive to a stop from my house. They are calling for up to 6" here.