PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the folks selling lumber on smc?

travis howe
01-24-2009, 8:51 PM
Noticed a while back the entire link to the folks selling lumber here is no longer?

Any folks have a list of good online retailers?

Thanks!

Travis

btw I finally made it up to sears-trosel up in Ft. Collins colorado... very cool! The red oak I needed 4/4 (i believe) s2s was $2.86bf

Lot's of nice stuff there for sure!

Jim Becker
01-24-2009, 9:27 PM
The SMC Manufacturer's Forums are a way for commercial interests to have the ability to directly sell and support the SMC community...it's advertising. Firms come and go as they make decisions to use or not use funds for the same.

From the wording of your post, it sounds like you are in central Colorado. (Suggest you put that in your profile) Perhaps other folks in that area can comment on where they acquire lumber locally, too.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Jeff Wright
01-24-2009, 9:30 PM
Is mike morgan still selling/shipping hardwoods?

John Dykes
01-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Travis, I'd encourage you to join the Colorado Woodworker's Guild. One of the perks is discounts up to 20% on lumber purchases.

travis howe
01-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Good call John. I had looked into it a while back but maybe it's time to seek further info!

Todd Franks
01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Travis,

Glad you made the trip to Sears-Trostel. I'm sure many communities have places like that but I think I'd have to give up woodworking if they ever closed. I work in Fort Collins, and sometimes on my lunch break, I just go there to walk around, drool, and breathe through my mouth.:D

-Todd

Todd Franks
01-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Travis, I'd encourage you to join the Colorado Woodworker's Guild. One of the perks is discounts up to 20% on lumber purchases.

John,

You peaked my interest, where do you get the 20% discounts at?

-Todd