PDA

View Full Version : Thanks again & Help needed

Ian Wilson (AUST)
01-24-2009, 7:45 PM
Thanks again for everyones advice,support and encouragement. I am reading through all the posts and learning so much but how do I save all the posts I feel I will need later?

Whats the difference between a Post and a Thread?

Really appreciate it.

Cheers Willo :D

OOOOOOOOOH is a Thread a Question and a Post an answer?

I have a lot to learn.

Steve Clarkson
01-24-2009, 8:19 PM
Willo,

Welcome!

I don't really think that there is much of a difference between a post and a thread....they're kind of interchangeable. Technically, I think the thread is made up of individual posts.

I read ALOT of the old threads before I bought my laser. And since there are sometimes 2 or 3 or 10 different important pieces of information in EACH thread, it can become a daunting task to compile and save that information.

What I did was to create a number of different Word documents.....one would be for settings, and one would be for substrate information, and one would be for things you could make, and one would be for marketing tips, etc. etc. etc. Then whenever I read a thread, I would simply copy and paste the important information into the appropriate word document.

Well, that was the best system I could come up with....hope it helps!

Bill Jermyn
01-24-2009, 8:23 PM
Welcome, Ian. I'm sure you'll find a tremendous amount of friendly help here as I have.

A post is a message, like the one you posted here. A thread is a collection of a post along with the responses to it (like your post and our responses here).

If you want to save a thread, you could create a folder on your computer, and drag from the address bar at the top of this page to your folder, renaming them if you wish. Alternatively, you can use the search function in the menu above.

Happy lasering!

Mike Null
01-24-2009, 8:40 PM
This may be the same answer as Bill's but you can save thread addresses in your Favorites folder.

Ian Wilson (AUST)
01-26-2009, 6:22 AM
Thanks again for your help.

Cheers Willo

Doug Griffith
01-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Whats the difference between a Post and a Thread?

About 4 inches.

Frank Corker
01-26-2009, 5:05 PM
About 4 inches.

... Doug are you still revamping that joke?

Ian Wilson (AUST)
01-27-2009, 7:25 AM
Thanks Bill.

Is there any way to send a thanks to all who helped in say a group thread.

Ian Wilson (AUST)
01-27-2009, 7:26 AM
Thanks Mike