PDA

View Full Version : Need Clipart help

Cindy Rhoades
01-24-2009, 4:23 PM
I am trying to delete all but a small border of the outside of the background but am having fits. I tried to just take out the background and that was not pretty. I am still learning Corel and will probably be learning until I stop using it. I use this image for my business cards but need to modify my cards therefore I need to eliminate most of the surrounding black.

Joe Pelonio
01-24-2009, 5:26 PM
I can't open your file, is it X4?: (I only have X3).

Have you tried opening the image in paint, and cutting/cropping the part you want?

Mike Christen
01-24-2009, 6:25 PM
I have the same problem opening the file, I'm at X3 also

Mike

Ed Bagley
01-24-2009, 6:57 PM
Is this the idea that you had. I deleted almost all background and added oval. The oval can be removed by ungrouping and deleting.

Ed Bagley
Grapevine Graphics

Cindy Rhoades
01-24-2009, 7:28 PM
yes I have x4.

Cindy Rhoades
01-24-2009, 7:31 PM
Ed I like what you did but what I was trying to do is essentially keep the atrwork in the center and reduce the ooutside black area to a border around the artwork.

Cindy Rhoades
01-24-2009, 8:55 PM
I think I have figured it out I had to convert to bitmat and then go into cutout lab to take out what I wanted to discard. This is a rough draft I need to try to clean up the edges and make it a little cleaner. Thanks for the help. I am still doing a lot of trial by error with corel draw but I am slowly getting ther.

Mike Null
01-24-2009, 9:08 PM
Cindy

I didn't try to open your file but when you post a file here it's good to save it back to version 11 or earlier as version X4 can't be opened by anybody with earlier versions.

Frank Corker
01-24-2009, 9:23 PM
I'm with Mike. Waste of time for me in x4