PDA

View Full Version : Should I consider this router table on ebay?

travis howe
01-23-2009, 9:54 PM
Seems like a nice setup... I realize I could build something nice for less.... If I were retired or no kids, I would go for building it... though having limited time in the shop it's a different story. I want to go there w/ my little time to build something.... I have the pc 7518 to add to this...

thoughts?

rt

scott spencer
01-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Travis - Tom Pritchard who occasionally visits SMC has one and likes it alot. He's not crazy about the fence, but overall that RT is very nice deal.

Dewey Torres
01-24-2009, 12:25 AM
I don't mind spending the money on something that is safe, stable, and user friendly...

rt

Travis,
I do not own the table but I do own the fence. I have the Super system 25" and man is it great. Take it from someone who actually owns it. It works just like they say it does. This system breads creativity. Some will comment but don't actually own it. Some don't like the options and settings. I love the ability to not be limited...ok well I can only go 1000th of an inch at a time:eek:... oh and I can't mount a 1 ton router motor to it or a swingset but I think I know you good enough to tell you, if you have the money get it. Watch the videos and read the manual over and over gain, don't lose the shims and have fun!

I don't think I have led you wrong yet shipmate!

jeff begin
01-24-2009, 1:00 AM
Travis,
I do not own the table but I do own the fence. I have the Super system 25" and man is it great. Take it from someone who actually owns it. It works just like they say it does. This system breads creativity. Some will comment but don't actually own it. Some don't like the options and settings. I love the ability to not be limited...ok well I can only go 1000th of an inch at a time:eek:... oh and I can't mount a 1 ton router motor to it or a swingset but I think I know you good enough to tell you, if you have the money get it. Watch the videos and read the manual over and over gain, don't lose the shims and have fun!

I don't think I have led you wrong yet shipmate!

Good to know! I just pulled the trigger on the 17" version last night. I was originally shopping fences, trying to decide which split fence I wanted. From the pictures, the whole Incra LS system looked like some sort of funky 3-axis CNC mill--way more complicated than anything that I'd ever need. But then I watched the videos for the Wonderfence on Incra's website and said to myself "I have to have it!" And since the complete system with the positioner was only about $100 more than the fence, I decided to go for it. FedEx is telling me to expect it Tuesday. :D

Why'd you go with the 25" version? I didn't want to give up that much shop real estate to a RT.

Dewey Torres
01-24-2009, 1:23 AM
Jeff,
Good question.

It was part of my crusade to buy the very best I could. I had the room and I own a huge UNI with a 52" fence (actually 92" form one side to the other).

With the 25" I can take the full length if the 25" fence on my table to the right of the blade where my router is mounted.

And with the fence extended to be equal with my table saw fence you can see in this pic that it takes up nothing extra really.

In this pic it shows the position for most router operations and takes up no more real estate than my table saw already did.

The being said ... don't knock the 17"! It is the same exact fence with all the capabilites except cut capacity and to be honest i have never used the full 25" yet.