PDA

View Full Version : I've Tried

Ray Rouleau
01-23-2009, 7:15 PM
Hello Creekers! I'm trying to clean up the attached to make it semi-respectable on glass but am having no success. Any Ideas?
Ray

Frank Corker
01-23-2009, 7:21 PM
Ray I'm looking at it. The problem is that it is a VERY poor jpg or gif file. Search the internet for a logo or ask for the person to send you a better quality image. You can't trace the image in Corel because there is no substance to it. Or you could email them at orders@prestogourmet.ca (orders@prestogourmet.ca) and ask them for the logo

Ross Lowry
01-23-2009, 9:22 PM
Ray,
You can trace the image in Corel, but you have to do it the long and hard way.
Use the bezier tool and trace it by hand then delete the original image.
Not very fun, but it works.
Good Luck.

Ross

Carl Sewell
01-24-2009, 9:45 AM
Will the attached work?

Ray Rouleau
01-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Carl, That's brilliant thanks a lot!
Ray

Carl Sewell
01-25-2009, 10:35 AM
You're welcome.

For reference, I used PhotoPaint to 'enhance' the image. There are many different ways to accomplish the same thing, but for this image, I 'filled' the background with black to make sure it was consistent.

Then I used the 'fill' tool, with varying percentage (tolerance), to fill-in the text so it was more uniform. This takes lots of practice, but once you get a feel for it, it goes very quickly. That's what you see in the BMP image that is in the CDR file.

From there, I used CorelDraw's Trace (line art mode) to give a fairly decent outline of the text by experimenting with the 'detail' and 'smoothing' sliders.

Then it was a matter of cleaning up the nodes. What I've found works best for me is to create nodes on both sides of 'trouble' areas by double-clicking. Then I'll double-click on the 'trouble' nodes to remove them. Generally, this is very effective and takes minimal time and effort, although your clicking finger gets quite a workout!

Yes, you can go in and manually smooth each node, but I've found that takes a lot more effort and doesn't achieve as good results, even with the floating toolbar that I use with all the node editing functions, and a few custom macros, close at-hand. The choice is yours.

Total time was about 10 minutes, but I've done hundreds (yes, hundreds, many were business card scans) like this. Your mileage and time may vary.