PDA

View Full Version : ShamWOW guy

Mitchell Andrus
01-23-2009, 6:27 PM
I love this guy.

He's now pushing a veggie chopper, 'cause we can't do this all day.

Fred Voorhees
01-23-2009, 6:34 PM
It's made in Germany and you know the Germans make good stuff!

John Ricci
01-23-2009, 6:40 PM
Are you with me camera guy?

J.R.

Doug Shepard
01-23-2009, 6:45 PM
Isnt he the illegitimate son of Billy Mays?:confused:

Karl Brogger
01-23-2009, 7:42 PM
He's he the creepy looking dude with the headset?

Jason Roehl
01-23-2009, 7:45 PM
I still can't figure out whether his name is Fitz, Spitz or Vince, and I've seen references to all 3 online. I haven't been able to find anything definitive.

On a related note, but has anyone else noticed that since a whole bunch of banks went belly up that a much larger portion of advertising on the air is "as seen on TV" crap, like the Slap Chop, ShamWOW, Mighty Putty, etc.?

James Jaragosky
01-23-2009, 8:02 PM
I still can't figure out whether his name is Fitz, Spitz or Vince, and I've seen references to all 3 online. I haven't been able to find anything definitive.

On a related note, but has anyone else noticed that since a whole bunch of banks went belly up that a much larger portion of advertising on the air is "as seen on TV" crap, like the Slap Chop, ShamWOW, Mighty Putty, etc.?

creepy looking dude with the headset?
I can't help but wonder about that line while looking at this avatar picture:eek:

Phil Thien
01-23-2009, 8:10 PM

Those advertisers buy run-of-station advertising. When a slot is unsold, the station inserts the "as seen on TV" ad and charges the advertiser a agree-to-ahead-of-time super-low rate.

Well, there are more and more unsold slots. Therefor, more and more "as seen on TV ads."

Tim Morton
01-23-2009, 9:10 PM

Vince Offer is his name...

Randy Klein
01-23-2009, 9:45 PM
The showdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWRGRZCvLmg)

Ken Fitzgerald
01-23-2009, 10:23 PM
We'll see how BIlly Mays handles competition.

Sonny Edmonds
01-24-2009, 1:27 AM
Billy Mays is the illegitimate son of Bluto from Popeye cartoons. :D

The way Vince's eyes are, I wonder what it's like to see him walk? :confused:

Joe Pelonio
01-24-2009, 10:49 AM
The reason the remote control was invented:

Billy Mays & Shamwow guy

Bruce Page
01-24-2009, 11:20 AM
The reason the remote control was invented:

Billy Mays & Shamwow guy

Absolutely! I can't stand them!

Sonny Edmonds
01-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Ya know, I thought that was why they invented the DVR.
To bypass the commercials and get on with the show. ;) Or to hold the show while getting a beer and sammy. :D

Kevin Arceneaux
01-24-2009, 12:10 PM
My son was giving my son a lot of grief about getting him a shamwow - so she did at Walgreen. They are not really that bad, just have to see how long they last before falling apart.

Belinda Barfield
01-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Isnt he the illegitimate son of Billy Mays?:confused:

You guys just don't know your celebrity gossip . . . Vince is the legitimate son of Limited Time Offer. :p His mother is Princess Ifyoucallnow.:D

Doug Shepard
01-24-2009, 12:25 PM
You guys just don't know your celebrity gossip . . .

Shame Wow.
I'll try to do better next time.:D

Jason Roehl
01-24-2009, 1:04 PM

Thanks, I think. I looked him up on Wikipedia. If Wiki is even remotely accurate, Vince has a, shall we say, less than stellar past. One well beyond the cleaning powers of the ShamWOW.

BTW, the reviews I've read of the ShamWOW mostly say that it doesn't hold up well to the washing machine and/or dryer and that it ends up pilling badly.

Angus Hines
01-24-2009, 1:18 PM
Atleast he dost just "Set it and forget it"

Bruce Page
01-24-2009, 2:49 PM
Thanks, I think. I looked him up on Wikipedia. If Wiki is even remotely accurate, Vince has a, shall we say, less than stellar past. One well beyond the cleaning powers of the ShamWOW.

That's an understatement.