PDA

View Full Version : Lathe time gloat

David Drickhamer
01-23-2009, 6:04 PM
Looks like I'll be having more lathe time in the future. Today I retired after 37 years. WOOOO HOOOO

Now I'll have more time to spend with the grand daughters. A few weeks ago we went to the Woodworking show in Milwaukee. They each had the opportunity to make pens and one of them was asked to help with a demo with routers. They love working with wood.

Allen Schmid
01-23-2009, 6:12 PM
Hey Dave...Congratulations!

37 years and now it's time to get busy!! Enjoy your new found freedom, especially with your woodworking pastime and your family. Very happy for you.
Allen

alex carey
01-23-2009, 7:10 PM
Congrats, Can't wait to see all of the work you start putting out. Keep up the pictures,

Steve Schlumpf
01-23-2009, 8:47 PM
David - Congrats on your retirement! Hope you get to spend a lot of time on the lathe and even more time with family! Relax! Enjoy it! Looking forward to seeing some of those retirement turnings real soon!

Tom Wilson66
01-23-2009, 11:15 PM
:mad:I'm jealous. I have 4 years to go to retirement and none of my granddaughters is old enough to use a lathe:mad: Congratulations anyway, I'll be gloating in 4 years;)

Bernie Weishapl
01-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Congrats David on your retirement. Now you will have time to spend with those granddaughters and family. Oh yea and on the lathe. :D;)

Oh by the way David 342 days and counting.

Jim Kountz
01-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Dave congrats!! And keep those young uns turning!!

Billy Tallant
01-24-2009, 2:58 AM
Congratulations on your retirement... Enjoy time now with your family & hobbies. :)

Jim Koepke
01-24-2009, 3:10 AM
Looks like I'll be having more lathe time in the future. Today I retired after 37 years. WOOOO HOOOO

Now I'll have more time to spend with the grand daughters. A few weeks ago we went to the Woodworking show in Milwaukee. They each had the opportunity to make pens and one of them was asked to help with a demo with routers. They love working with wood.

Welcome to club retirement. My first retirement anniversary is approaching. I'll bet in about a month, you will start wondering how you ever found time to go to work.

jim

Jeff Nicol
01-24-2009, 5:58 AM
Dave, Congrats on the retirement! Your grand daughters look like they had a blast turning thier pens! The show looks like it would have been a great place to learn things. Have fun and work hard ( you will do more now than you did while working a real job ) and enjoy your family! Maybe see you sometime this spring or summer to share some timber!

Jeff

Jon Behnke
01-24-2009, 7:53 PM
Congrats on the retirement. I was helping out Craft Supplies at the Milwaukee show (I'm standing behind your grand daughter in the second picture, green shirt) so I know that your grand daughters have already got the turning bug so I'm sure you'll be splitting lathe time with them!

David Drickhamer
01-24-2009, 8:18 PM
Thanks guys, So far on my first day of retirement I already got kicked of the lathe by one of the girls. She made a small bowl 1-1/2" x 1" out of a piece of choke cherry. I'll try to take a picture of it tomorrow and post it.

Tom and Bernie, I hope your time goes by fast.

Jon, Thanks for helping them at the show. They really enjoyed it. The one in the picture with you was even asked to help with a router demo. They also helped me spend all my money. I'm glad I still have two lathes.

Dave