PDA

View Full Version : GOT IT - THANKS! HELP!!! U.S. Certificate of Origin Needed

George Guadiane
01-23-2009, 5:46 PM
I have two turnings that are going to get shipped to Abu Dabi, and I have been told I need to provide a Certificate of Origin.
The vendor sent a copy of one from China, as a sample, but it won't help me, and it LOOKS very official with seals and stuff.
I have no idea where to look for a certificate, anyone have any ideas?
ANY help would be appreciated.

Got what I need from AAW site.
Thanks for looking

charlie knighton
01-23-2009, 5:49 PM
i do not know, but you might try new york port authority for information since that is pretty close to you

robert hainstock
01-23-2009, 7:24 PM
Try USPS??? :(:(:)
Bob

Steve Schlumpf
01-23-2009, 8:53 PM
George - glad to see you found what you needed at the AAW site! More to the point - I am glad to see that you needed one as that means your sales just went worldwide! Just how cool is that! Congrats on the sale! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Steve Mawson
01-23-2009, 9:59 PM
For sure, let us know how it goes, give us the whole story.

George Guadiane
01-25-2009, 12:39 PM
For sure, let us know how it goes, give us the whole story.
The short story is - I had a website, an employee for a major clothing/bedding/??? company found it and contacted me... on the 2nd of December...
She originally wanted 11 pieces by the 22nd. Since they were bigger than anything I had ever made before - since I didn't have anything on hand, I said I could do the work, but not in that time frame.
She cut the initial order to 5 pieces, with final delivery of the last two for the first week in January.
We agreed on a price, I required a non-refundable deposit - because of the Christmas holiday timing, they sent me the entire amount. I completed the work, as required, on time.
Once I provide the CoO, I will ask about the other 6 pieces, and any future work beyond that.
It boiled down to being on the web, with pictures (no prices), having the tools to do the work, having the nerve to go beyond my current comfort zone with confidence and saying yes to success.

I should add that I held the check till I was DEAD CERTAIN that I could deliver the product (just in case my ego was bigger than my ability).

Steve Schlumpf
01-25-2009, 1:06 PM
Great story George! Hope they still request the remaining 6 pieces - with orders to follow for many more! Thanks for sharing and for the incentive to get our stuff out there!