PDA

View Full Version : Resolved Braille Spacing

Aaron Koehl
01-23-2009, 5:09 PM
There is a very slight issue with the Braille spacing (thanks Larry), using the font provided in the installer-- I will release an update for it this weekend.

Update: The issue is fixed, and as icing on the cake, the Braille script does not require any fonts to be installed.

Bob Cole
01-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Will this affect compliance?

I've only done one sign using the tool but need to finish 10 more in the next couple of days.

This tool is much nicer than the old one I was using so keep up the good work.

Keith Outten
01-26-2009, 1:03 AM
Bob,

Yes, the braille dots will be just a few thousandths of an inch out of tolerance between the dots and from character to character. Its not a significant dimension but enough to warrant Aaron making an adjustment to the font.

Chris Padilla
01-27-2009, 1:51 PM
Can one's fingers even detect a "few thousandths of an inch" out of placement? That is like 1/256" or 4 times smaller than a sixty-fourth!

Aaron Koehl
01-27-2009, 11:09 PM
This issue has now been resolved.
The Braille plugin no longer requires any fonts.

Download and rerun the setup file to update to version 1.2.

Keith Outten
01-28-2009, 6:28 AM
Chris,

Nope, your fingers can't tell nor can your eyeballs but if you get audited on a commercial sign job it could be a problem. Local building inspection groups probably wouldn't catch a braille font that is out of tolerance but the state inspectors are another story. They will often check a sign companys work real close the first time they make signs for a large commercial building.

Chris Padilla
01-28-2009, 1:48 PM
Ah, the trials and tribulations of a sign maker! Interesting! :)