PDA

View Full Version : Plans/photos for SCMS tables/stand?

Brian Peters
01-23-2009, 3:18 PM
Looking for plans for a stand/tables for a miter saw. Have a 12" scms, was thinking of going with the biesemeyer fences they are great but have so much scrap material around it's so much cheaper to build it myself. Also with the fence and stop block, any cheaper alternatives to the bies or kreg? Not crazy about paying $140 for some cheap small aluminum extrusions and a flip stop. Thanks!

Jim Becker
01-23-2009, 9:47 PM
Check my web site for a pictorial on the Chris Gochnour cantilevered design I built quite a few years ago.

Brian Peters
01-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks Jim, I like yours you did a nice job but I'm looking for something slightly different. What kind of fence did you use, some kind of aluminum extrusion?

Brian Peters
01-26-2009, 11:00 AM
I think I have down what I want but still curious about the fence systems? Anyone found cheaper alternatives to the pricey left and right fence systems like biesemeyers (the best imo) and kregs? Kreg sells theirs for $140, that's a lot of money for 4 small aluminum extrusions and a fence stop and sticky ruler tape. At least with biesemeyer you get a steel tube and laminated tables, really well made for only a little bit more. Looking for the cheaper alternative. Thanks.