Carl Babel
01-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Has anyone used these clamps?
http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_012309.htm

They are selling 4-packs for a good price:
4 each, 15": $57.98
4 each, 27": $61.98
4 each, 39": $71.98

I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but I would hate to do so only to find out that the clamps can't stand up to the pressure. :D

Rob Wright
01-23-2009, 12:54 PM
I saw these at the WW- show. They have a spring clutch - like the old Jorgenson bar clamps. They were nice with the handle that switches to a lever - but the spring clutches were a deal breaker.

Tom Leasure
01-23-2009, 4:36 PM
Carl,
I bought 4 at a WW show - clamps work great BUT there is a rubber pad on them - it will leach an oilly substance onto whatever your clamping when you tighten down on them - found out the hard way not useing a scrap piece between the clamps & some bed frames
With the levers on the handles you can really out some force out with these - mabye a little to much
I would (will) be getting more of them

Tom

Chris Konikowski
01-23-2009, 10:09 PM
So, that is one vote for and one against. A rookie needs a tie breaker. Anyone want to step in and set me straight here. The price is attractive, but if they are no good, it is just a cheap piece of carp.

Jim Kountz
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
So, that is one vote for and one against. A rookie needs a tie breaker. Anyone want to step in and set me straight here. The price is attractive, but if they are no good, it is just a cheap piece of carp.

Sounds like alot of money for a chunk of a fish..........Sorry I couldnt resist that one!!:D:D

Dave Herron
02-04-2009, 4:18 PM
I just bought 4-27" and 4-39" Pro Parallel bar clamps for Peach Tree. Here's what I just sent to Peach Tree.

I just unpacked the order and just thought I'd let you know that I'm very disappointed in the clamps. The Parallel-PRO clamps are a big pain in the neck to operate. Really difficult to release and slide the head. The Pull and Turn handle is more of a bother than a plus. Because the handle is not fixed you can't use it to slide the head or use it for leverage when attempting to move the head and apply pressure to the release lock that really doesn't work.

I'll never buy a set of these again.

Burton Jussi
03-26-2010, 4:30 PM
I just bought 4-27" and 4-39" Pro Parallel bar clamps for Peach Tree. Here's what I just sent to Peach Tree.

I just unpacked the order and just thought I'd let you know that I'm very disappointed in the clamps. The Parallel-PRO clamps are a big pain in the neck to operate. Really difficult to release and slide the head. The Pull and Turn handle is more of a bother than a plus. Because the handle is not fixed you can't use it to slide the head or use it for leverage when attempting to move the head and apply pressure to the release lock that really doesn't work.

I'll never buy a set of these again.

Were you able to return them? Did they make you pay for return shipping?