PDA

View Full Version : New tools

Dahl Troy Perry
01-22-2009, 7:54 PM
I had some spare time this week so I made some tools .The one is a tool post with 3 top rails that interchange. The next are tools that I need to make handles for the one on the left is 1/2 dia 0-1 tool steel with a 1/2 square carbide insert works real god for roughing the next one is 1/2 0-1 tool steel too with a Hunter insert on it . The next (3rd from the left) is 7/16 square 0-1 tool steel with a scraper that I made 7/8 dia the next is the same but with a 7/8 square scraper. The 5th from left is 1 in 1-0 tool steel cut flat on bottom to ride the tool rest with a 1/4 dia cutter and two 1 1/2 dia scrapers that I made.And the one on the right is a swan neck tool that I bent out of 1/2 0-1 tool steel that has a 3/16 dia cutter and a 5/8 dia scraper. Now all I have to do is make handles for the four on the right like I said in Toney's post about makings handles he had better make extras :rolleyes:the two on the left are for him.:D:D:D

Toney Robertson
01-22-2009, 8:21 PM
Dahl,

Cool, can't wait to see and use them.

I can make some handles this weekend. What size bar stock is that - 1/2"

I would be willing to turn you a couple in return for your kindness if you want me to.

Thanks,

Toney

Steve Schlumpf
01-22-2009, 9:19 PM
Very nice work on the tools Dahl! They all look like they would work great!