PDA

View Full Version : RIDGID 3650 TS won't tilt to 45°

Joe Von Kaenel
01-22-2009, 5:23 PM
Hello,

My table saw will only tilt to 35° and the crank handle binds. I made sure the locking knob was loose. I looked underneath the saw and don't see anything obvious. I took the the insert out thinking it might be binding. Any suggestions? Thanks

Joe

Bill White
01-22-2009, 5:26 PM
ya got some trash/dust, or crud in the tilt mechanism. Check it out. Make sure that the set screw (limiter) is adjusted accurately.
Bill

Russell Tribby
01-22-2009, 6:01 PM
I'd be willing to bet that your trunions aren't aligned. Get them aligned first and then try tilting the blade.

Jason White
01-22-2009, 6:44 PM
Yup.

It's not sawdust. It's binding down where the bevel wheel is attached to the saw's cabinet.

Here's an old post of mine explaining what the deal is...

http://sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=993903&postcount=7

Jason

Hello,

My table saw will only tilt to 35° and the crank handle binds. I made sure the locking knob was loose. I looked underneath the saw and don't see anything obvious. I took the the insert out thinking it might be binding. Any suggestions? Thanks

Joe

Jim O'Dell
01-22-2009, 7:55 PM
The other thing, do you have an outfeed table attached? If so, it could be the motor is hitting it as it tilts. DAMHIKT! :o Jim.

Joe Von Kaenel
01-23-2009, 8:14 AM
Gang,

Thanks for the replies, I used compresed air and cleaned the tilting mechanism and still had the problem. I removed the outfeed table and found that the mounting bracket was not allowing the motor to pivot fully. Problem fixed.

Joe

Sonny Edmonds
01-23-2009, 8:47 AM
Well, we call that "Operator Error" where I work. :D

Greg Sznajdruk
01-23-2009, 9:00 AM
Joe:

Don’t feel bad I had the same problem years ago, but figured it out when I noticed the out feed table lifted off the floor.

Been there, did that, got the T-shirt

Greg

Jason White
01-23-2009, 10:02 AM
Ahhh, yes. Been there, done that!

JW

Gang,

Thanks for the replies, I used compresed air and cleaned the tilting mechanism and still had the problem. I removed the outfeed table and found that the mounting bracket was not allowing the motor to pivot fully. Problem fixed.

Joe