PDA

View Full Version : Weather-proof storage for sheet goods

Roger Jensen
01-22-2009, 2:14 PM
Hi All,

I built a cart for plywood from a FWW magazine design. I like the cart, but it takes up too much room in my small shop (the cart is 3ft x 8 ft).

Does anyone know of an outdoor shed about 5ft x 9ft that could accomodate sheet goods? My list of stuff to build is already too long and I don't want to spend 2-3 weekends building a small shed from scratch. I live in northern California, so it has to be sun- and rain-proof.

Thanks,

Roger

Chris Padilla
01-22-2009, 3:04 PM
I have two TuffSheds (http://www.tuffshed.com/) on my property.

Julian Wong
01-22-2009, 3:37 PM
I know the home centers somtimes sell garden sheds that don't cost an anrm and a leg. I was looking for one myself. I think a smallish one would run about $200.

Michael Poller
01-22-2009, 4:19 PM
I used to share an apt and driveway in Boston years ago and my roomate and I both had motorcycles.

We bough a 10x10 aluminum shed (was $300 for the kit back then) that we put up on our own in a day in the driveway.

We bought a kit that was aluminum beams that made a solid floor that we attached 3/4" plywood to.

To this day it stands leakproof holding my old roomates motorcycle since he still lives there.

For the price you couldn't beat it and you just need a ladder and some basic tools which i'm sure you have to put it up.