PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 0691 & Laguna Platimum LT Table Saw The same?

Brian Frances
01-22-2009, 1:28 PM
Hi Guys,
This is my first post so please forgive me if I missed this in the past. I am in the market for a new Table saw and I was considering Grizzly G0691 10" and Laguna Platinum Left tilt saw. If you compare the Grizzly G0690 (with the shorter table but with more explainatory pictures) - these two saws seem to be identical! The fence is the same, the trunnion looks the same and even the knobs and magnetic power switch looks the same. To compare these I played the Laguna video and paused it to do my comparisons...Does anyone happen to know if this is so? Seem like I can save $300 by going to Grizzly? Thoughts??

Eric Gustafson
01-22-2009, 3:02 PM
I have a G690 on order. I had never compared the two saws, but you are right. They look a lot alike. Right down to the machining on the cranks, the dust collection, and angle indicator. The specs claim the Grizzly weighs more, but who knows?

Wade Lippman
01-22-2009, 3:10 PM
They might be made in the same factory, or one could have just copied the other. Hard to tell from pictures.
Having used both Grizzly and Laguna Platinum tools, I would be inclined to save the $300; as I don't see much difference.

Gene E Miller
01-22-2009, 4:20 PM
Greetings & Salutations,

I have a shop full of Grizzly machines and they have all preformed well. When I have a a problem such as a switch or handle breaking their tech support has handled it with a great attitude and professionalism. I have made some nice things using my Grizzly stuff.

Gene

Eric Gustafson
01-22-2009, 4:55 PM
For giggles, lets suppose that all things are equal. The price difference minimal. While I have heard that Grizzly has better customer service, lets assume, for giggles sake, that Laguna's CS is ok , too. IMHO, Grizzly would still win out anyway. :)

Why? They just look way better! :rolleyes: That big gold and silver Grizzly logo plaque alone is enough to make up my mind! :cool:

Brian Frances
01-22-2009, 6:55 PM
For giggles, lets suppose that all things are equal. The price difference minimal. While I have heard that Grizzly has better customer service, lets assume, for giggles sake, that Laguna's CS is ok , too. IMHO, Grizzly would still win out anyway. :)

Why? They just look way better! :rolleyes: That big gold and silver Grizzly logo plaque alone is enough to make up my mind! :cool:

Eric,
Were you offered a discount when you bought the Grizzly? It seems as thought Grizzly are not offering any discount at this time?

Adam Grills
01-22-2009, 7:11 PM
Without seeing the guts of the saw they look identical other than the miter guadge. Without seeing the machines in person it is hard to tell. My guess would be these are the same machines.
Grillzy

Eric Gustafson
01-22-2009, 7:55 PM
Eric,
Were you offered a discount when you bought the Grizzly? It seems as thought Grizzly are not offering any discount at this time?

Brand new model for 2009? No discount for early birds. :(

Jim O'Dell
01-22-2009, 7:59 PM
But these are being offered at an introductory price at this time, according to the catalog. Who knows what will happen with next year's catalog pricing. Jim.

Eric Gustafson
01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
But these are being offered at an introductory price at this time, according to the catalog. Who knows what will happen with next year's catalog pricing. Jim.

I knew there was a reason not to wait!;) (Actually I had wanted a riving knife TS and thought the price was very good!)