PDA

View Full Version : First Post and a Gloat to boot...

Greg Hairston
06-28-2004, 5:15 PM
I have been lurking for a few weeks now. I really like this forum and I have decided to stick around for a while. Lots of interesting folks and a great deposit of information. In fact some of the FESTOOL threads were of great interest to me. So I started talking to our good friend Bob M (Big mistake) and next thing you know I am a Festool owner. I just received my Ct-22 Dust Extractor and my ES 150/5 Sander. The wife even thinks it was worth the price and asked me what am I buying next. I may even get her to help with some sanding now and then.
Bob thanks for all your help in the purchase......

Greg H

Rob Littleton
06-28-2004, 5:27 PM
Welcome Greg........

great group and fun place to be....

heads up man, if you are gonna gloat, pics are MANDATORY.

Sorry Chris and Tyler, beat you to it.:-)

Jim Ketron
06-28-2004, 5:32 PM
Welcome To The Creek Greg:D
Nice Bunch of guys and gals here
and a lot of info here too!
And We love Pics
Jim

Jim Becker
06-28-2004, 5:36 PM
Welcome, Greg! (and to be perfectly redundant..."we like pictures") :D

And, yes, "Uncle Bob" can do a number on the tool budget, but it's money well invested!

Chris Padilla
06-28-2004, 5:59 PM
We'll take this as a pseudo-gloat since you have no pics but we'll forgive considering it is your first post and all but we will need them very, very soon! :D

Welcom to the USS SMC...feel free to wade in when the water suits you!

Todd Burch
06-28-2004, 8:53 PM
Greg, welcome to the creek. I couldn't tell the difference between pine and walnut back when I joined in Feb. 2003. Now, well... I can!

Todd

John Shuk
06-28-2004, 9:00 PM
Welcome Greg,
I can't wait to join that particular green team myself. Enjoy.
John

John Miliunas
06-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Greg and, as John S. puts it, the "Green Team"! Nothing like your premier post being a Festool gloat all at the same time. :D Hey guys, I think Greg's got the makings for a Super SMC-er!!! :D Come often, stay long and, just in case the other guys didn't get their message across, we really DO like pics! :cool:

Ted Daigle
06-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Welcome, Greg! Great folks here! Lots of good info and some great woodworking.

Jim Schmoll
06-29-2004, 1:37 AM
Welcome!! I really like the part about your better half doing some sanding. It's nice to share......... My oldest girl (33 single and a Engineer) has been spending time in the shop with me working on her kitchen. I think she is looking for the tools some day, and needs to know how they work. :confused:

Jim from Idyllwild CA

Gary Whitt
06-29-2004, 8:07 AM
Welcome, Greg!!!! :D

Watch out for Tyler. :rolleyes:
Although, his bark is worse than his bite. :eek:

Frank Pellow
06-29-2004, 9:19 AM
Welcome Greg. It was earlier this year and through this forum that I first heard of Festool. I bought 3 tools and, like you, my wife was impressed enough by the tools that she is encouraging me to purchase more of them in spite of the cost.

A lot of other advise is avialable from the members. I have received very valuable tips about the shop I am currently constructing.

Kent Cori
06-29-2004, 9:31 AM
Not antother Festoolie! Aaaagh! :eek:

Seriously Greg, we're glad to have you join us. As you've already observed, this forum is a great place for both information and friendly comraderie.

John Miliunas
06-29-2004, 9:52 AM
Not antother Festoolie! Aaaagh! :eek:

FESTOOLIES: UNITE AND CONQUER!!! WE are the Superior ra..... Oooops. Wait. Right country, wrong concept! :o Well, at any rate, once you get some of that bright green in your blood, there ain't no gettin' it out! :D I just wish they made a pin nailer! :cool:

Christian Aufreiter
06-29-2004, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the Creek and to our "Festool community", Greg. Enjoy your new tools.

Regards,

Christian

Greg Hairston
06-29-2004, 11:29 AM
All,
Thanks for the gracious replies. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how. I guess while Im at it I should post a couple of pics of my New MM 16 as well. Got that last week so I guess thats another gloat that I got to stick in.

Hope to contribute to the group and thanks for the warm welcome

Greg

Jim Becker
06-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Oh, my...Festool AND Mini Max. What's not to like about that?? :D

Greg Mann
06-30-2004, 1:11 PM
Oh, my...Festool AND Mini Max. What's not to like about that?? :D
I'm with you, Jim, about this other Greg. I am Festool Green with envy and then he throws in this Mini Max stuff. Of course it begs the question: If a gloat takes place in the forum without a picture is it really a...??:D

Just kidding.

Greg (the Greg without a Mini Max)

Brad Schmid
06-30-2004, 2:19 PM
Welcome Greg! Glad to have you aboard.

Greg Hairston
07-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Here is a pic to go with my Gloat. You can see the new MM 16 in the background and of course the Festool in the forefront.

GregH

Jim Becker
07-02-2004, 8:30 AM
Greg, you failed to mention the CU300 hiding behind the Festool stack... :D

Kelly C. Hanna
07-02-2004, 8:34 AM
Good first gloat/post! You'll find a bunch of great people here.

PS, just saw the pics....nice shop!!

Tyler Howell
07-02-2004, 10:30 AM
OOOOOOOO! AHHHHHHH! realy nice work space Greg and creative atmosphere.Welcome to the Creek and can I come over and play????:o

Jason Tuinstra
07-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Greg, welcome aboard. As you know, there are no cost's involved in being a member here, except for the occasional clamp that we just have to get because of a particular thread, or a sander, or a router, or a new cabinet saw... :D Glad to have you around!

Frank Pellow
07-02-2004, 10:59 AM
Greg, welcome aboard. As you know, there are no cost's involved in being a member here, except for the occasional clamp that we just have to get because of a particular thread, or a sander, or a router, or a new cabinet saw... :D Glad to have you around!

Jason's assertion that there is no cost except the cost of the tools we see and hear about on Saw Mill Creek is bang on. I figure that, so far this year, that little bit of cost for clamps etc. adds up to about $1500 (US) for me and the cost of my wish list is about 10 times that.

Terry Hatfield
07-02-2004, 11:01 AM
Gerg,

Welcome!!!! One of these days I gotta get me some of those festool deals.

Terry

Chris DiCiaccio
07-02-2004, 1:12 PM
Hi Greg,
Welcome to the Creek. I'm sure you'll enjoy every minute spent here. Great folks. They have sure been helpful to me.

Greg Hairston
07-02-2004, 3:53 PM
Jim,
Actually it isnt a CU 300. Its a CU350. I have had it for about a year now. Great machine and would highly recommend it to anyone looking at combos.

Greg

Mark J Bachler
11-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Welcome to the creek. Pictures are great. I once posted a pic of my dog crapping in the woods & got 3 replys on what a great design & excellent workmanship the dog had.

See, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Mark J Bachler
11-23-2004, 10:36 PM
p.s. you have great taste in tools.

Jerry Olexa
11-23-2004, 11:18 PM
Welcome! many good people here even tho we shamelessly covet tools. Glad you're aboard!

John Renzetti
11-24-2004, 7:24 AM
Hello Commander, Did you make that move to Memphis yet. Congrats on the new Festools. Great stuff.
take care,
John

Kelly C. Hanna
11-24-2004, 7:39 AM
Welcome to the Creek! You already know the people here are great so enjoy the company!

Kelly C. Hanna
11-24-2004, 7:42 AM
I'd say your tool playroom is quite well stocked. I sure like the slider...also looks like you are not space challenged. How big is your shop?

Wes Newman
11-24-2004, 8:23 AM
Greg, Welcome to the Creek. Nice shop and tools.;)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-24-2004, 9:41 AM
Greg.....Welcome to the 'Creek! Glad you made the jump from lurking in the bushes on the bank and joined us in the water! Take and leave info as you deem necessary! I have not made the plunge into the FESTOOL community yet....the new shop I'm building seems to have a black swirling hole in it and sucks all the money from my billfold, and checking account! Again....Welcome!