PDA

View Full Version : Don't Drink and Drive

Bob Moyer
01-22-2009, 8:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNPxIibhcKY&eurl=http://www.kdkb.com/Article.asp?id=1110363&spid=19059&feature=player_embedded

Not sure if it is fake or not, just funny.

There are two others

Gary Click
01-22-2009, 10:32 AM
da thars mi haf bruther/first cusin on mas side Stev Ledbetter. th cops is alwys pic on him.

Joe Chritz
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I didn't watch the whole thing but we have had a couple in my area. Also tractors and construction equipment.

Sometimes the business is downright hilarious.

Joe

Clay Crocker
01-22-2009, 9:35 PM
I used to live in a small town where quite a few people used there riding mowers as transportation to and from the bar. One poor fellow got a DUI while riding his mower home. I heard later that he argued with the judge and got 30 days in jail for his effort. :rolleyes:

James Jaragosky
01-22-2009, 10:08 PM
I used to live in a small town where quite a few people used there riding mowers as transportation to and from the bar. One poor fellow got a DUI while riding his mower home. I heard later that he argued with the judge and got 30 days in jail for his effort. :rolleyes:

I have read about or met people here in Hamilton county Indiana that got OUI's riding a horse, combine, bike, horse and buggy,boat, just about anything with wheels will get your license pulled.
And they can and do issue the citations even if you are on private property, like say, a farmer in his field on his combine.
In this county everyone gets the max penalty.

Joe Chritz
01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
There have been a few court cases in MI that cover this kinda thing. One of which was a friend of mine involved in a pursuit with an Amish buggie. I really couldn't make this stuff up.

Basically if it is driven, as in a buggy or cart it applies as a "vehicle" if it isn't then it isn't a "vehicle". So a horse if legal, although not to bright but a horse and buggy isn't. Each state will have individual case law that covers such things as well as specific statutes. They are all very similar, otherwise the .fed holds highway money but there are some differences.

As far as private property, well lets say I have done more than one fatal accident in farm fields from people being drunk and stupid.

I wish I had some video of the guy who rode his mower around. He raced in the lawn mower races, I swear the thing would do 20-30 MPH. He got a few days for driving while suspended.

Joe

mark page
01-22-2009, 11:38 PM
In the state of Missouri, (if the statutes hasn't changed in the last 20 or so years), and I'm sure they have to the stricter side of the law: It did read "if you are driving or in control of a motor vehicle while intoxicated....). That also means if you are sleeping one off in the back seat and have the keys to your car in your pocket, you're busted. Lawnmowers, tractors, bicycles with motors, etc are all included. Also the law does not stipulate whether on public or private property. Drinking multiple beers and mowing your lawn, you can be open season. Then there's the open container law if you're not soused. Plus the law extends to other stipulations such as prescription drugs, illegal drugs, over the counter drugs, etc. The word "intoxicated" in MO means an impairment, no matter what the cause of the effect. Sniff too much lacquer and your open season, etc. DAMHIKT In my early years, "teens to late 20's" I'm sure I have bought and paid for a few in-ground swimming pools in my defense.