PDA

View Full Version : Jet Xacta Saw Deluxe Dado Inserts

Frank Sharpless
01-21-2009, 7:30 PM
I am new to the world of using dado and I am trying to find a dado insert for my Jet Xacta Saw Deluxe. I must be missing something because I don't seem to be able to find one. I guess my question is do I need to buy a blank insert and make one. If so, how to I do this?

Kacey Zach
01-21-2009, 7:41 PM
get a piece of 1/2 inch Baltic Birch, cut it to rough size, double stick tape your current insert to this blank and use a flush trim router bit to trim it to size. Then put it in the saw with the blade lowered, turn on saw and slowly raise blade to cut blade slot.

Dave Lehnert
01-21-2009, 8:03 PM
I have a Jet left tilt (not the deluxe) and also have a hard time finding one. I think I got one through my dealer or Woodcraft. Your JET dealer should be able to order one. Or try to get one from JET direct.

This is a JET dealer here in Cincinnati. They are a large equipment dealer for home shop and cabinet manufactures. The guys that work there have been around forever and will be able to help you out.

http://www.muellerco.com/

Jay Yoder
01-21-2009, 8:07 PM
If it is the one with the riving knife, check out woodcraft. I got both a dado and a ZCI at the one near me. It is a newer saw and some suppliers have not gotten sufficient stock in yet. Or the other option is to go direct to Jet but that is more $$$$...