PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Woodworking magazine

Robert Fordham
01-21-2009, 3:14 PM
I am a hobbiest and last year subscribed to "Wood". I am looking for other magazines to read.

Whats your favorite?

Clifford Mescher
01-21-2009, 3:20 PM
I am a hobbiest and last year subscribed to "Wood". I am looking for other magazines to read.

Whats your favorite?
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=100455&highlight=favorite+magazines

Clifford

Dale Morris
01-21-2009, 9:43 PM
Shop Notes

Dave Lehnert
01-21-2009, 10:53 PM

Whats your favorite?

I think WOOD has a good mix. If you would like to learn about hand tools Popular Woodworking is a must.

Richard Venturelli
01-22-2009, 12:04 AM
ShopNotes & WoodSmith, I like rags with no advertising..

Jon Lanier
01-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I learn more from folks here than I do Magazines. $10-20 donation to Sawmill goes farther than any magazine.

Thomas Pender
01-22-2009, 8:09 AM
Fine Wood Working Magazine, plus the subscription to their web site is about all I have time to read. However, the Creek gives me as much practical information as I can handle. It is definitely information overload out there.

Rod Sheridan
01-22-2009, 9:11 AM
Fine Wood Working Magazine, plus the subscription to their web site is about all I have time to read. However, the Creek gives me as much practical information as I can handle. It is definitely information overload out there.

Fine Woodworking magazine and the online susbscription are my only subscriptions also.

Previously I had other subscriptions, however I tired rapidly of the "greatest bird feeder" or "what does a jointer do?" type of article.

FWW gives you something to aim towards, which encourages you to develop more skills. Many of the other magazines in my opinion are simply re-hashes of mid level at best, work.

I don't think I could stand seeing one more piece of furniture where everything has been asaulted by a 1/4" radius round over bit in a router.

FWW will help you with design ideas, machinery information, and most importantly hand skills and finishing beyond the foam brush and polyurethane school.

Regards, Rod

P.S. Of course you already have a good resource here on the forum, once you seperate the knowledge from the chaff.

Jerome Hanby
01-22-2009, 1:59 PM

Sounds like you need more fiber in your diet :eek: