PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic gaurd intall?

ADAM RUSSELL
01-21-2009, 2:04 PM
I brought home a 10" Powermatic #66 3 HP 220v for $500.00 yesterday and I have gaurds and no intructions how to put them on?
Anyone have a contact number for Powermatic these days?
Best price and manufacturer of blades?
TIA,
Adam

Jim Eller
01-21-2009, 6:27 PM
http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/

I put a Shark Guard on mine. It collects dust.......................and I use it.

Jim

Ted Shrader
01-21-2009, 8:03 PM
Adam -

Looks like you snuck a gloat in that question. Don't forget the pictures!

You have the link for Walter Meier Tool Group from Jim. That should get you the info on guard installation. I use a Brett Guard on my PM66. The thing about guards is, unless they are easy to use, they won't get used. By all means put yours on and use it, but shop for an aftermarket guard that will see use all the time. You will understand after having the Powermatic guard in place for a short while.

Congratulations on your new acquisition,
Ted

Doug Shepard
01-21-2009, 8:34 PM
...You will understand after having the Powermatic guard in place for a short while.

I understood within about 4 months of getting my PM66. Great saw but the guard has remained off for a very long time. Been thinking about a Sharkguard for a while now.

Peter Quinn
01-21-2009, 9:09 PM
The stock guard falls somewhere between annoying and complete POS. I feel it is actually more dangerous than nothing. Don't bother finding the installation instructions, instead find a dumpster to put it in and get an after market guard or at least an after market splitter. My guard spent all of 30 minutes on the saw, which is far less time then it takes to get it installed correctly. Junk. I use a biesmeyer splitter, no guard on mine presently.

Oh, congrats on that saw, I love my 66 and you will too.

Chip Lindley
01-22-2009, 2:25 AM
We cannot offer FREE ADVICE for the paltry amount you paid for this machine!!! IF you had paid any sort of realistic price, much positive information would be forthcoming!

But, CONTRATS! on your PM66 anyhow!! Its one helluva 10" saw! Mine came with the Exaktor retractable over arm guard w/ DC! I Like it! Ditch your PM guard and look for something usable from Biesemeyer, HTC, or Exaktor!