PDA

View Full Version : Fein Multimaster Tool Apapter...

Derek Arita
01-21-2009, 11:05 AM
I've got the older Multimaster and have been looking at getting the adapter that would allow me to use "some" of the new accessories on my older tool. Question is, which accessories will I not be able to use? Has anyone gotten this adapter? If so, how well does it work? :confused:

mike holden
01-22-2009, 8:04 AM
Derek,
I bought the adapter mostly as a hedge against obsolescense. I figured that with the new design, the older tools would no longer be available. Since all it really does is create a "star" shaped alignment pocket around the shaft, I dont see how it would not fit any and all the accessories made.
Besides, this way we can take advantage of any NOS that is being broomed out to make way for the updated style.

BTW, have you noticed the price drop? Competition is a good thing.

Mike

Derek Arita
01-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Mike, thanks for the reply. Does this star adapter work for all of the new accessories? I use the MM often, for all types of projects and was disappointed when the new one came out, with and different fitting. I'm glad they made an adapter available.

mike holden
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Well, not having ALL the accessories I cant say. However, I cannot see any reason why it wouldnt fit them all - the star is simply a locator, it is the compression between the top boss and the screw that holds the accessory on.
You have nothing to lose by buying the adaptor, at some point the only accessories you will find will require it.
Mike